Sunday, April 22, 2012

Windsor Castle and a Little of Easter

Windsor Castle has been one of those things on the to-do list for a long time, and we finally got around to seeing it when Abby was here.  The place is huge, and I think I like the interior better than Buckingham Palace.  Fancy, but not quite as gaudy inside.  And random fact for this post... this place is the oldest and largest castle that is still home to royalty.  Elizabeth and her family consider it one of their homes.  Since it's the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this year, there is a big display of personal family photos that are kind of fun to check out.  Oh, and one of my favorite things about this place was seeing Queen Mary's doll house on display.  Amazing!!   I'd love a toy like that.  Some pictures at the castle to remember our day...



I loved how they landscape the place!






 

When we got home that evening I remembered that we hadn't dyed eggs yet. Easter was the next morning so the kids got to work!  After coloring their eggs they had Jake draw cutie things on them.  

 
And the egg hunt after church...

 

No comments: