Monday, April 16, 2012

A little of Bury St. Edmunds, Lavenham, & Cambridge

On Monday and Tuesday Abby, Ella, and I were off to play while the boys were at work/school.  When I first moved here, a friend took me to Harriets in Bury St. Edmunds as a little intro to tea time here.  It's a cute little tea house.  I thought Abby needed to check out their scones too.  It's a cute place!  After lunch we walked around the shops and the Abbey Gardens.

Ella has to put her own clotted cream and jam on her scones.  It drives me nuts watching her make a gooey mess on her scone, but as long as she isn't making everything else messy, I let her have at it.

 A little of the Abbey gardens..





The day after Bury we went to Lavenham.  Super cute little crooked town not too far from our house.  I have a lot of pictures on the blog of Lavenham already, so I'll just post a couple of pictures.




























Luke had school on Wed, but the rest of us went to Cambridge for the day.  Another of my favorite places.   It was pouring when we first got there, but we got lucky and it cleared up enough to go punting and browse the market.

Abby and Ella @ Kings College..


On the river!



Checking out treats at the market.  Got some sour balls for Abby to try.  Pretty sure they are the most sour treats ever made.




No comments: