We took the tube to Trafalgar Square, stopped at Pret for some hot chocolate, walked down to Big Ben, and then headed over to Westminster Abbey. After browsing inside for a while we went over to the Tower of London to check out the Crown Jewels, then to Tower Bridge for a tour, went and hiked to the top of The Monument to the great fire of London, walked over to St. Paul's Cathedral to check out the inside (found out just yesterday that it's free for military members... good to know for the future!), checked out Kensington Palace (some of Diana's dresses are on display there now!), and finished the day off with some deliciousness at the Kensington Creperie. Phew. Crazy but fun day! I wish I would have worn my running watch to see how far we walked!
Pretty sure Westminster is the coolest abbey to visit, so I like it when visitors come and I get to go again!
Abby and I in front of Westminster..
And with some cops. I like the hats the policemen wear around here!
And a side note, last month in France this jacket hid my baby bump quite nicely. I've totally popped out since then though! Baby bump or grandma belly going on under there for sure. Got to love that.
The Monument to the fire of London. We hiked to the top of that thing and had a look around. All 311 steps. It was built between 1671 and 1677 to celebrate the rebuilding of the city. Cool view from the top!
Kensington Palace. First time Jake and I have gone inside this place. This is where William and Kate have decided to live. I was excited to see more of Diana's dresses at the dress exhibit going on now. There were dresses that weren't on display when we saw some of her others at the fashion museum in Bath. It was fun seeing where Queen Victoria was born and grew up, too.
That's a statue of Victoria behind us. Hard to see since the sky was so cloudy!
A few of Diana's dresses...
Some of Victoria's dresses were there too.
The gardens.
Couldn't end the day without some Creperie! I want some more now.
After watching a little of that, we headed over to St. James park. We were prepared this time and brought peanuts to feed the squirrels.
The birds were eating the peanuts whole. Don't know how or if they manage to digest that! Luke was excited when he figured out how to get them to eat from his hand like Jake.
Abby decided to give squirrel feeding a go. One ran up her leg! haha. She was done after that.
Sort of freaked her out! It was too funny!
We met up with Rachel Niu, one of Abby's good friends, at Harrod's for lunch. She was in London visiting some of her modeling buddies. Fun to see her!
On the tube. Kind of a blurry picture, but I liked it.
Before heading home we did a boat tour on the river, finished our tour bus route, and had a tasty dinner.
My cuties. I hope the 2 littles remember some of the fun times we've had in London after we leave England!
Fun day. Next up is our day at Windsor Castle.


























1 comment:
Erin!!! Ah!! I want to be back in England. We had so much fun. I'm loving your BLOG!! I'm going to try and start mine today now that I'm off work. I've had a crappy cold this week so I've been going to bed early and haven't had time to go through my pictures. Missing you guys so much. Hope you have had a great week getting back into real life. ha!
Post a Comment