Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Smith!

Davey is a married man now!  We went up to Bountiful this past weekend for the wedding.  Despite Jake missing his flight up to SLC, me breaking my toe (and my foot being too swollen to wear my heels I took up for the occasion-had to wear the casual flats I wore up!... aaaAA!!), and getting locked out of our hotel room for an hour, we had a good time.  It was nice to see so much of the Smith family.  Weddings are fun that way.  When else does everyone get to dress up a little and hang out with family and friends?   All the nieces and nephews looked super cute in their matching outfits and had fun running around together.  We wish we could see them all more often!
Some pictures from Saturday!...     
  Stock photo I found of the Bountiful temple... (It was SOOOoo snowy when we came out!  And cold.). The last time I had been in the Bountiful temple was when my parents took all of us to the open house as kids. Dak was three years old at the time and pushed down the little rope fence thing they had set up-it was so funny.  That's all I remembered about  going so it was fun to go back and see what it's like inside.
They had a ring ceremony after the sealing...

Waiting so patiently...  Luke was wanting some cake from the time we got to the reception center.  Long wait for a kid!
The bridal party.  I'm glad my siblings are such good friends with Jake's.  It was fun having Todd there as one of David's groomsmen.  Good to see you too Ryan! 
Mom and Dad Smith and Smith kiddos...
 
More cuties...
 
I wasn't about to try dancing since my foot was humongo and throbbing.  I was happy to sit on the side and watch :)  Got some pictures of everyone else though!  It was very cute watching Jake and Ben dancing with the girls.  Also, Mila and Collin have got some great moves!

Aww... first dance.
Doesn't Coby look so comfy and cute in that couch? 

Welcome to the Smith fam Shawna!   

My mom came to Vegas a couple of days before the wedding and rode up to Utah with the kiddos and I.  She got to play with Aunt Carol in Lehi.  I got to see Carol for a little while too, and Luke had a good time playing with Lionel and Max's Legos.  Mom rode back home with us on Sunday and for the past few days  has played with the kids and helped with chores around the house.  All so that I could get some school work done. Thanks mom! You are a lifesaver :)  And Wonder Woman.  And, thanks to my dad for coming to hang out for a while too!  Luke showed them his stuff at swim lessons and finally got to show them how he rides his 'big kid' bike.  Grandpa spoiled him with donuts (his FAV) and we made some St. Patty's Day cupcakes. We miss you guys already.  It's their anniversary today and they just left to play and stay in a fun hotel to celebrate.  27 years!!!  Happy Anni mom and dad.  We love you guys! 

K Ab, here's the picture of the shoes.  Just for your viewing pleasure :)  I will let you borrow them next time you wear a black dress if you're lucky. 

9 comments:

Kajsa said...

looks like yall had fun! sorry about your toe, broken toes are horrible! your kids looked soooo cute!!

Hailey said...

Love them! Thanks for posting!

Chris and Abby said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I was waiting to see a picture of you and your fancy flip flop shoes?!! haha! Shawna and Davy look super cute together :)

Chris and Abby said...

oh..and I hope you guys gave Luke a huge piece of cake! :) That picture is super cute of him sitting on the chair waiting

Heather said...

Beautiful family, ERIN! Thanks for the invite back to see your blog. I recently discovered I couldn't see it and was majorly bummed! You guys are so fun, and it looks like you're having a happy life! We miss you so bad!

melimba said...

oh my goodness! i am such a space cadet, I keep forgetting you went private! I said the other day, "I wonder what Jake and Erin are up to? They haven't posted in a long time..." uhhh... DUH! Sorry!!!

Love all the updates! So sorry about your toe! I stub my toe all the time and am so dramatic about it, and always THINK my toe is broken, but it's always ok within a few minutes... I can't imagine what a REAL broken toe feels like?! Especially at a wedding?! WOW! Are you a trooper or what?!

Everyone looked so cute at the wedding!

And, I died laughing about the little girl with the hand that Luke hated! HA! I love that he chucked it in the trash! hA!ha! Too funny!!

And, I can't get over how old Ella is!? Did you get her hair cut? It is SO darling!? SHE is so darling! What a cutie pie.

Looks like you guys are doing well! Glad to see that you've been posting and sorry that I'm an idiot!
xoxo
melis

Kristen said...

That snow storm was weak. That's swimming weather back East. haha j/k I am going to steal your pic too, because the ones Aaron took didn't turn out well. Come to think of it, I might use the wedding one too. haha Glad to see you guys. I wish Gunnar could have played with his best bud.

Chris and Abby said...

hahahahaha...Priceless!

Jenni said...

It was such a fun weekend...hope your toe is feeling better!!! SO sad! Hope to see you in a few weeks!!