The list of attractions for kids in this city isn't super long, but the acquarium at Mandalay Bay seems to be on every tourist guide of things to do with the fam. So, yesterday I took the kiddos to see what the fuss is all about. Since we spent so much time at Sea World in San Antonio I was expecting a huge letdown, but I was pleasantly surprised. They have some cool things that we never saw at Sea World. Plus, 4 years and under get in free and I get the local discount. Can't beat that!
The kids were really digging this crocodile. He was swimming around and climbing all over stuff.
Ella is out of focus on this pic, but I think her expression is funny. She didn't like me asking her to stand there for a picture.
It's fun taking pictures of animals and fish. Their colors and shapes are so interesting. Here were some of our favorites. They had a cool variety of Jellyfish. Some were huge. The kids liked running through the shark tunnel thing too. There's a shallow pool with a bunch of rays swimming around in it. I guess they used to let people pet them, but now the signs say you can't. When Jake and I went to Sea World San Diego they let us pet them there. I wonder if they still do?

Piranhas! I don't think I had seen a Piranha before.
The kids were really digging this crocodile. He was swimming around and climbing all over stuff.
Ella is out of focus on this pic, but I think her expression is funny. She didn't like me asking her to stand there for a picture.
It's fun taking pictures of animals and fish. Their colors and shapes are so interesting. Here were some of our favorites. They had a cool variety of Jellyfish. Some were huge. The kids liked running through the shark tunnel thing too. There's a shallow pool with a bunch of rays swimming around in it. I guess they used to let people pet them, but now the signs say you can't. When Jake and I went to Sea World San Diego they let us pet them there. I wonder if they still do?

Piranhas! I don't think I had seen a Piranha before.
Sat and watched the manta rays for quite a while... Ella kept saying "Hi shish! Hi shishees!." Cutie. When we left the acquarium, she kept saying "bye bye shishees" until we got to the car. 

Octopus! This guy was moving around everywhere too.

Some sort of huge fish that sicked me out..
So, we give the acquarium two thumbs up. It's small enough to get through without kids becoming tired and grumpy and big enough to have some cool stuff. I had fun going with these two! The world is so much more exciting when I see it through their eyes. Love that.





4 comments:
It looks impressive! How fun for you guys! I'm loving the tatoos on Ella too - is that Luke's name? No denying who did it!
Fun day out! Pretty good for Vegas...when you're so used to Sea WOrld it'd hard to measure up! =)
How fun!!! It looks like you guys found a great new place for the kiddos. I want to come PLAY!!!!!
In that last picture, Ella looks just like you, Erin! That's fun :)
Post a Comment