Being in Vegas has been great because weekend getaways to Mesa are really doable. Luke was a mad hatter on the drive this time around though because his booster seat dosen't have a good place to rest his head on. Makes for rough napping! (By the way, is there a comfy booster out there that's good for traveling? I haven't come across any.) Anyhow, the funeral was very nice and a good tribute to 99 years well lived. Each of the 25 grandkids and the great-grandchildren were able to pick a bell out of Grandma Taylor's bell collection. Jake also came away from the weekend with a few other treasures from his grandparents house. This was one of them:
Don't be jealous. Jake thought the set was pretty funny. For some reason the girl really bothers Luke. From the second Jake brought it over to my parents house, Luke has been telling us things like, "that girl bothers me." "We need to throw her in the trash." and "I don't like her." Last night we unloaded all of our stuff out of the car from the trip and left it in the living room since we were too pooped to put everything away then. (by the way, we drove to Mesa in a rental car that I picked up for us! Yay for being old enough now to get a rental car in MY name since our red car is in the shop! haha. Every other time we've gotten a rental, Jake has been the only one able to do the driving since I wasn't old enough...) This morning I went to throw something away and opened the trash can to see this:
After asking Luke about it he told me that she needed to stay in the trash. "She bothers me and I want bugs to eat her in the garbage." Sheesh dude. I guess Jake is going to have to keep the hand and girl duo hidden if they are staying at our house. Or maybe we will send them to one of your houses so you can keep them safe?? Jenni? Kristen?? Hailey? anyone? =)
We stayed at my parent's house while in Arizona. Luke had a list of things he was going to do at their house in his mind, and I'm pretty sure he got them all crossed off. Playing in the clubhouse and park time with grandma and grandpa on the batman bike were two of the things he talks about most often. Dad took Jake, Todd, Jenny, and I to see Avatar on Saturday (awesome movie!) and we had fun hanging out with them. Thanks mom for watching the kids! I'm too lazy to find babysitters at home, so Jake and I don't do a lot of movies at the theater lately. I want to get copies of the pictures of Jake and his cousins. All 25 grandkids were there. I didn't take many pictures this trip (mostly because I feel weird busting out the camera at funerals and funeral get-togethers) but here are a few we got!
Luke and Grandpa Rick on the motorcycle:
I hope these two are best buddies as they get bigger. I always wanted a cousin my age!
We found out what places were on "the list". There are a lot of great places available, but I think our top three choices are going to be Hill AFB in Utah, Aviano AFB Italy, and Spang-Bitburg Germany. I think I'm going to plan on going to Arkansas or Alabama though so I won't be disappointed if we end up at one of those. :)
We found out what places were on "the list". There are a lot of great places available, but I think our top three choices are going to be Hill AFB in Utah, Aviano AFB Italy, and Spang-Bitburg Germany. I think I'm going to plan on going to Arkansas or Alabama though so I won't be disappointed if we end up at one of those. :)





4 comments:
Ok, the girl in the trash is cracking me up! Have to admit, she freaks me out a little too! I'll pass on the offer! Haha. What fun places on the list. I can't wait to hear where you guys go!!! Was Travis on the list?
I heard grandma really liked that girl in the hand. I don't know why...thanks for the offer but we'll pass. No, Jenni, Travis was not on the list, but Beale and Edwards was.
Okay, I was there when Grandma got the "child in the hand of God". THat's what she called it. When Grandma and Grandpa were moving from Cody to Mesa (ten years ago), a bunch of us went to help clean stuff out. So while we are all trying to reduce the amount of stuff making the move, Grandma goes to the next door neighbor's yard sale and comes home with this thing. We were all horrified. But now it just makes me smile. Could it be tackier or sweeter? I am glad it went to a good home. Maybe you can pass it around the Smith family as a sort of white elephant Christmas gift? Don't let Luke chuck it, though. Ross says if you don't like it, he'll take it.
That story made me laugh out loud! All three times I read it! :) Miss you and your family!
Post a Comment