*Jake's sweet Grandma Taylor passed away this week. She was always so cute and kind to me, and I'm glad we've been able to visit her a few times over the past year. She celebrated her 99th birthday last month. Amazing lady.
I'm sure it's been a happy reunion with loved ones on the other side! This week I've been thinking about how grateful I am that I know that families are forever.
And, Kelly, I swiped this great picture from your blog. Thanks!
*We find out what bases will have possible openings for Jake soon!! I'm so curious to see what will be on the list. And even more so, where they will assign us! I would LOVE to stay close (well, comparatively speaking) to family, but maybe it would be a fun adventure to go somewhere we haven't thought of living before. Dr. Zabrowski (one of Jake's fellow residents) just found out that her new station is in Turkey... followed up with a 3 year tour in Japan. I'm not sure how I'd feel about somewhere like Turkey, but Japan would be pretty cool.
*I signed up for another marathon- The Utah Valley in June. Crossing my fingers that annoying injuries keep their distance from me during this round of training!
*Jake's little brother David is getting married March 13. It's coming up soon, and we're excited to see everyone!
*I've been spending a lot of time trying to finish my classes! Had been hoping to graduate in April, but with so much going on right now, and so many big assignments left I'm starting to think I'll have to push it to August. Ugh. I guess once you've been at it so long though, what's another three months, right? I was thinking I could get in a bunch of all-nighters and get soo much done quickly. Apparently I'm turning into an old fart though because I crash by 11:30, and caffiene just puts me to sleep.
*My kids love to color, and we have been going through rediculous amounts of paper lately. Markers, crayons, stickers and paint too. Luke has always been careful with his markers... lids on perfectly tight after using them, crayons used until they are tiny. He has never destroyed anything. With Ella it's a different story! She's great coloring for a little while but then likes to eat the crayons, bite the tips of markers off, and make huge messes. She will yell out "mama!!" when she's finished a picture, and holds it up for me to see until I tell her how beautiful it is. I love that girl! Luke is proud of his work too, and puts his "masterpieces" on the fridge when he's done with them.
*Luke had been coming into our room just about every single night because he's scared of being alone (and the dark), but I think we finally figured out something to keep him in his own bed! Every morning after staying in his own room, he gets to put a sticker on the calender. We told him that after a few weeks of stickers on there, he'd be able to go see grandmas and grandpas in Arizona. He's excited to go! So, he's been doing great lately. I'm hoping he keeps it up!
*A big Hummer backed into the Highlander in a parking lot last week. Of course the Hummer was totally fine, but our car is messed up for the moment. So annoying. At least the guy had good insurance. He owns a few Mexican restraunts in town, and Jake wants to go try one out now. haha. Hopefully it will be fixed soon!


3 comments:
Suck! At least he had insurance. I got hit by an illegal alien in TX and not only had to pay $500 out of my pocket, but I was without a car for a week.
One of Aaron's fellow residents also took that Turkey assignment. He is going to Spokane after there.
Good luck with that Ella. If it's any consolation, they eventually grow out of it...sort of. I can leave the room for a little while and it is 50/50 whether or not the markers are ruined.
I just signed up for the great potato marathon in Boise that is in May. Blake, my dad and sister are all running it... like you I am hoping for injury free training! Glad you are doing good! Wish we were closer so our kiddos could play!
I hate anything to do with car troubles...so sorry you have to deal with that!! I'm sad to miss grandma's funeral but glad Josh can make it...so neat that every one of her grandchildren will be there (I think that's what Sherry said!) Hope this time around the training goes better for ya...you'll do great!!
Post a Comment