We've been playing with Mom and Dad Smith and traveling around Europe for the past couple of weeks, so I haven't had time to do much blogging. So, here we start the catching up! I can't forget to include Jake's 31st birthday. He worked all day and then took Luke to the father/son camp out with the ward. Not super exciting, but I hear the guys had fun. We celebrated Jake's big day with cake the night before... which happens to be my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday to you too, Mom! We were thinking about you on your day too!
Jake requested a pistachio pudding cake that his mom used to make him as a kid, so I did my best to make it like Sherry says she does. I found a super good angel food cake recipe to use for it... Seriously, click here and try this recipe. It's delicious!! 350 people have reviewed it on allrecipes.com and all I read gave it 5 stars. If you want a pistachio pudding cake out of it, just make pistachio pudding, cut your angel food cake in half horizontally, fill the middle with pudding and cover in cool whip or whipped cream. Yum!
I'm lucky to be married to this guy. He's the best! Happy 31 Jake! Here's to another great year.
I love you.

1 comment:
Happy Birthday to Jake! Too bad your present never got sent...it's sitting upstairs. Maybe I'll get it shipped to you with Erin's, which will also be late. Geez...I'm terrible!
Post a Comment