Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Another Stonehenge and Bath Excursion

Stonehenge in the rain!


Shortly after I took this picture of Ella, she hopped out of the stroller.  That's the last time we used that umbrella stroller because we left it there on accident!  We got a lot of good use out of that thing.  I hope someone is using it now and it isn't just sitting in a garbage dump somewhere!  Glad we didn't take a nice stroller or I'd have really been bugged.  Wasn't worth the gas money to go back and get it.



Bath in the springtime is beautiful.  It was fun in December, but walking around town is more enjoyable in the nice weather!  We stayed at an RAF housing facility that was pretty awesome.  You pay only ten pounds per night to sleep in a pimped out double wide trailer park!  Awesome deal when the hotels in the area go for hundreds of pounds per night!  Here's a picture looking down on Bath from higher ground on a bus tour.  Out of focus, but you get the idea.

Chilling in front of the pump room..


Rick hit the jackpot while there.  Found 200 POUNDS!..  just sitting by the ATM outside of the grocery store.  Jake and Rick reported it, gave the store contact info, but nobody claimed it.   Score.


We watched a fudge shop make fudge a couple of times...



And more of the city...


Cutie Cricket club...



The Circus...


River Avon

 
I think that's the end of our May travels.  It was a great month.  Thanks for visiting, Rick and Sherry! 
Now hopefully I can get some of June blogged before it's over!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Ella looks soo much like a Whitfield, it's crazy. I can't believe how manicured and gorgeous Cambridge is.