* Since we're talking DVDs, I have to mention Astro Boy. Luke's fav at the moment! We got it from Red Box a while ago, and he was so sad when we had to take it back. Luckily the Easter Bunny brought it for him.
* These popcicles are pretty gross in my opinion, but the kids love them. I love them because they are little and don't make a mess. Pretty cool. Give them a try if you don't want to clean up popcicle puddles.* We all like Frosted Mini Wheats Little Bites. All flavors. Chocolate is my favorite though!
* Jake won the chili cook-off at work! He won a gift certificate to eat at Outback and a big plaque to hang in his office. Kind of fun! Here's his famous recipe. It's quite tasty.
Jake's "Daddy Like" Chile
4 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 lg. onions, chopped
4 lg. garlic cloves, minced
4 lbs. lean stew meat, cut in sm. cubes
3 lbs. bulk pork sausage
2 (1 lb. 12 oz.) cans whole tomatoes
2 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste
6 tbsp. chili powder
3 tsp. cumin
1 tbsp. oregano
2 (1 lb.) cans baked beans
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 (15 oz.) cans kidney beans, drained
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained
1 tsp. vanilla
In a large heavy saucepan, heat oil. Saute onion and garlic until soft but not brown. Add beef and sausage. Cook until brown; drain off fat. Add liquid from tomatoes. Chop tomatoes and add to meat mixture with tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, oregano, baked beans, salt, sugar, vanilla and cocoa powder. Simmer partially covered for 2 hours stirring often.
If too dry add a little water. Stir in kidney and pinto beans. Cook 30 minutes longer or until meat is very tender. May be refrigerated or frozen. Before serving remove any excess fat.
**Serves about 15 people (One large crock-pot full plus a little more!)
* Crocs. Great for busted toes/hurting feet, playing in the sand, awesome that the kids can put them on all by themselves, and you never have to look for socks! Aahh, perfect. Luke picked some out like these a couple weeks ago.
The lighting was weird in these pics, so they looked better in black and white, but I love the bold colors in lima bean designs! The kids love that their names are on them too.
* Luke has been into making stuff lately. We've made a big rocket out of cardboard, a rain stick (you can see part of it in the pic above), and some bird feeders, just to name a few things. This boy can't wait to start preschool. See that Se7en + 1 link on my sidebar? They have lots of fun ideas... stuff to make at home with kids.
* Melissa, one of my San Antonio buddies, designed a super cute fabric line with her sister. I got my box of it in the mail and can't wait to make a fun quilt! I made a few quilts in high school, but haven't really done any sewing since. Well, other then on paper and scrappy things. So, I'm pretty excited to bust out my sewing machine and get going on it. You can check out the fabric by clicking here. Isn't it fun!?





3 comments:
I saw those Leap Frog DVDs at Bjs the other day. I wondered if they were good...good to know.
Is your toe still hurting? I have never seen those croc designs. Gunnar has about grown out of his so maybe he will like those. I sure do!
I'm going to have to check some of these things out! Impressive about the leap frog DVDs. We also LOVE crocs at our house...we've just always done the cheaper payless ones though and they don't sell them anymore. Bummer.
LOVE the new design of the CROCS...I'm sure we'll have some just like it on our annual trip to the CROC store in a month or so. And those shirts are totally adorable!
Post a Comment