Monday, April 19, 2010

A Happy Week

This past week has been great.   It began with finding out we're moving to England (Woo hoo!!), we've had surprise visitors and fun with friends, the weather has been awesome, I finally have been able to run without my toe hurting (got in about 12 miles Saturday!... nevermind the fact that my legs felt super heavy and
jell-Oish when I was done) and Luke decided to pick up the pace at swimming lessons.  Not to mention Jake getting home at normal times almost every day.  Hopefully it doesn't mean this week will be bad to even things out a little! 

So, first up:  Grandpa John, Grandma Fran, Uncle Eldon, Mel, and the kids!  I wasn't expecting to see them last week, so it was fun when they made a pit stop on their way home from Disneyland.  I miss living by all of them!  Living so close to my grandparents and aunts and uncles was so much fun as a kid.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Luke and my cousin Kaylee are super close in age, and Ella and my cute little cousin Chace are within a couple months of each other too, so it was fun to watch them all play together!  Luke had a great time running around with Kaylee (sorry if I'm not spelling that right!?) and Ashley.
Grandma with the kiddos!

Eldon & Melanie, Grandpa & Grandma, and Crazy Kids!
 
These two play so well together.  I wish they could do it more often!



My cute friend Bahar was in town for her brother's birthday and we met up at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill (Delicious!!!) to catch up on life.  Wasn't planning on seeing her either last week!  I love surprises.  Fun to see you Bahar!  No pictures from Friday night, but I found this gem:  ha ha.


My 12th birthday party.  Bahar is the one in the black & white swim suit. 
Check out how cute and tiny Dak was! 

Saturday we went hiking as a family.  Red Rock Canyon has been one of our favorite places since we've been here.  The mountains are gorgeous.  I finally remembered to take my camera this time.  Took a bunch of pictures, but this post is taking longer then I thought it would, so those will have to wait until later!

Last night we played Settlers of Zarahemla with a cute family in our ward.  Played and munched on Oreo cake until way too late.  Good times!  Last time Jake and I played Settlers was with Aaron and Kristen like five years ago.  I had never played before, so I was totally lost when we played way back then!  This time I think I got it down.  I want to play some more!  Also noteworthy, Luke is getting pretty good at Uno!  We've been playing while Ella takes her naps. 

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Julie and I went to Mesa Grill in nyc when we were there, but it was in between lunch and dinner and they weren't seating. We were so mad because we were starving and we had taken a taxi and paid to get there. Aaron and I were hoping to go there when we go to nyc. I can't wait.

I think it is so hilarious that your cousins are your kids' age. So cute.

Jenni said...

Unexpected visitors are always fun...so are good wweeks! Glad it was a good one---and hooray for your toe feeling better!!