Just a few things that come to mind when I think of where we're going next. So, England it is! We'll be going to RAF Lakenheath in Suffolk England this August. I found out last night after waiting so anxiously all day! Jake's boss was teasing everyone and wouldn't tell the residents where they were going until the day was over. Pure torture! I talked to Kristen in the morning and found out their next stop is Japan, so I was just dying to find out where we would be. I pictured us being stationed in Arizona, Utah, or some other place in the states, so it was a bit surprising for me to hear! My heart was pounding when Jake told me and I had the jitters all night thinking about the move. Haha. We are pretty excited though. It will be a little weird being so far away from family, but a fun adventure. When else would we be able to live in Europe if it wasn't while in the military? Probably never. Pretty cool.
I've been scouring the internet to find info on our new spot since I have stereotypical English images and silly Monte Python skits rolling around in my head. To copy and paste what one person wrote about the area surrounding Lakenheath:
"About 80 miles from London, RAF Lakenheath is located in East Anglia, a rural area, comprised of four counties: Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire. East Anglia, steeped in medieval history, boasts a unique heritage and fascinating character. It is an area of quiet, unspoiled villages and a varied landscape: dense pine forests, rich farmlands, rivers, and marshes that stretch east to the North Sea. Historical points of interest include Ely Cathedral, Cambridge and the medieval town of Bury St. Edmunds. Abbey and castle ruins from the Middle Ages dot the landscape, and village churches allow visitors a look into the past."
So, there you have it! I'm glad we finally know where we're going. Kind of sad thinking of how far away we'll be, but super excited for all the adventures that lie ahead!
4 comments:
SO totally excited for you guys! It'll be so fun to explore England and Europe! Hoping we can come visit at some point. I am selfishly sad to see you all go so far though...we'll miss ya!
How fun...you guys will have a blast. It's great to finally know, huh?!
Super fun! Not too far from Boston. Maybe we will have to come visit.
Wow! England will be awesome! Congrats to your family!!!!
Post a Comment