Sunday, June 29, 2008

Fun At The Zoo.. And Yay For Girl's Nights Out!

I told myself at the beginning of the year that I was going to try and post at least once a week! So, here are some pictures of a couple of things we did this past week. First off, Luke got to go to the Zoo! He loves trains and animals, so he had a great day. It was SO hot there though! We were all sweaty and nasty by the time we left. Good thing they sell snow cones! I could eat them all day everyday here in Texas... so muggy.
My handsome guys on the train...
So exciting!...
Yum! snow cones...

GREEDY goats!!! They try to get the food out of the machines before you even buy it for them.
Hey goat, this is how it's done! Luke is a pro at feeding them now.
My favorite animals... the kangaroos! It was cute... so many mamas had babies in their pouches. I'm SO glad people don't have to carry their kids around like that after they're born... I would die. Yep... those are baby kangaroo legs sticking out of that mom... and isn't that baby down on the bottom cute?
Another fun part of the week was girls night! Mandee, I swiped these pics from your blog. Thanks! Haha. Krista and I had birthdays in June, so all of us went out to celebrate at Bravo! So much fun... I have awesome friends here. L to R.... Here's our group pic... Me, Melissa, Susan, Beth and baby Grace, Krista, Nicole, Mandee, Kajsa, and Melissa. Got to love girls nights out!
You can't see it that well, but my ice cream was super cute.

Other highlights of the week: Jake was able to do some golfing with friends, we filled out paperwork for military stuff... can't believe we're leaving here in less then a year! I'm excited to see where we'll be living next!, I read tons of books for my children's lit class, we went to Sea World, I did lots of cleaning, we went to dinner with the Nielsons at Scenic Loop Cafe, hung out with friends, and watched some movies Jake rented. Oh, and I'm almost done with baby's room... Pictures coming soon!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Gotta love a day at the Zoo...cutie Luke looked like he had a lot of fun! And girl
s nights are the best!!! Where is that restaurant? I don't remember it!

melimba said...

how exciting to find out where you'll be going next! wow!
and can't wait to see the pictures of the new baby's room!!