Saturday, December 29, 2012

Random November Goodies

  *The end of soccer season.  Team party and pictures!

 























*School pictures came home.  Here's Luke's official 1st grade picture.  He's having a great year.  This kid loves going to school, likes Mrs. Santiago, and gets along great with kids in his class.  He can't get enough when it comes to math and spelling and has a crush on Abigail.  The only thing he detests when it comes to school is going to art.  He has it once a week on Thursdays and acts like it is torture day. 


* Ella has been obsessed with all things cooking and baking.  She is always asking to use my phone to watch cooking shows on YouTube, and insists on helping me when I make things.  She brought me these delicious play-doh cookies one day :)

 
She was wanting to make her own YouTube cooking show one day, so I filmed it with my phone.  Pretty cutie.  I helped her measure the oil and took them out of the oven, but she did everything else.  Cracked the eggs, mixed the batter, cut them up after they had cooled, the whole bit.  She uses lots of adjectives while she's baking.  I love it.  "ooh, isn't this just the nicest color?"  "This is just lovely."  "Isn't this nice?"  You'd think you were listening to a real cooking show.  Maybe she has watched too many?  She was so cute and proud of herself though!  They were tasty.  She's awesome :)



* Ella started violin lessons.  I have yet to take pictures, but she has been learning different positions and correct posture on a foamalin.  haha... I didn't know such things existed.  It's cutie and foam and blue.  She's hoping to graduate to the real instrument soon!

*Jake busted his rear and got another 100 on his PT test.  That boy can go for a long time without working out, but still kicks trash when he needs to.  November also meant that Jake has been in the bishopric for over a year now.  You'd think I'd be used to getting myself and the kids all ready for church and there in time by now, but nope.  Usually we're late.  Some things never change.

*Luke has been wanting to play Minecraft whenever I let him play Xbox or my phone.  Ella loves watching him do his thing.  He was in heaven when we went to Disney Paris over Thanksgiving break, which happened to be the time and location of Minecon (minecraft convention).  Geek Paradise.  More on that coming in the Disney post.


*Luke brought a paper turkey home from school.   He had to disguise it as something else so it wouldn't get eaten on Thanksgiving.   We got to use my seemingly useless stash of big puffy pipe cleaners.   I thought it turned out cutie.

 
*This little one grew and grew, and kept me busy.  Always makes me a little sad when it's time to box up the little tiny sized clothes!   We still can't get enough of this new little person.    
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That is so funny Ella loves cooking shows. She should come hang out with Aaron and me after the kids go to bed so we can watch them together. Awesome job with the brownies...I am too anal to let my kids do too much in the kitchen. haha