Sunday, May 01, 2011

On the day William and Kate got married,

we had a tea party at our house with friends.  Stacy and Sheri came over with their kidos to eat lunch and watch the wedding.  Much easier to party at home than brave the crazy crowds in London with kids in tow!  Quite a few friends went down to get a glimpse of the new royal couple live and were squished like sardines for hours while waiting for the procession down the streets.  Crazy!  Exciting times for this country though.  People have been decorating their homes with flags and pictures of the new royal couple.  The whole country was out of school/work Friday for the wedding, as well as tomorrow (Monday) to celebrate. 

The Thursday before school got out for the wedding, the kids in Luke's school were supposed to "come to school dressed smartly, as if going to a real wedding.  Dress as smart as you can!" They had a big wedding celebration while they were all dressed up.  It was very cutie.  Luke said they ate wedding cake, learned about wedding traditions, and made crowns, among other activities.  Kind of fun!

I took a few pictures of our tea party food but forgot to get the camera out again.  Here were our wedding munchies...     












Stacy made some tasty sandwiches and I made scones and clotted cream.  Stacy's cute friend wanted us to use her tea plates and cups that were like 100 years old.
Random wedding images found from random websites to remember the day by...




That flag in the bottom right corner has been everywhere lately. 
I guess talk of next summer's Olympics will fill the radio here now that the wedding is over.  Jake is relieved that he won't have to hear all the media aroud here wondering about what Kate's dress will look like anymore.  Oh, and just for the record, I was a fan of her dress. Ü
 

1 comment:

KaraLee Anderson said...

I'm glad you had a little party to celebrate! I was also a fan of her dress- I made Chris watch all of the wedding (20/20 specials and the actual ceremony with me :) ) I love weddings! The kids look adorable in their Easter outfits! Happy Spring! Is clotted cheese like cream cheese?