Monday, April 18, 2011

No more diapers!

That's right. No nappies in the Smith house! (as the English call them)  Woo hoo!!!  It seems that a little bribing and a few accidents in pretty new underwear was all she needed to take the plunge.


Here's Ella last Monday with her new undies she picked out.
(A set of Disney Princess and a Charlie & Lola package)

                                 She wanted Sainsbury's little fairy cakes for her potty treat.

 Stay dry all day and poop in the potty and you get to pick out a book.  Sounds like a good deal right?  She chose this Strawberry Shortcake paint book.



We read this book throughout the week.  El was a big fan.  It was a good little reminder that all little princesses use the potty! 


The first two days of operation potty train had me a little worried.  I didn't know if I should go back to diapers or not after she had multiple #1 and #2 accidents!  I think she just needed a couple of days to get it because now she's a pro!  Accident free for the last few days and nights!  Good job Ella bella!  Mama's proud of you!
    

4 comments:

KaraLee Anderson said...

Nice job you two! It really is a team effort to potty train! She is getting so big- so cute!

Chris and Abby said...

Yay for being potty trained. Nice work Ella! I love your new princess panties. :)

Jenni said...

It's official..my boys are SLOW POKES!!! =) Congrats to Ella! ANd you! We never get to say goodbye to diapers early enough...Caden was past 4 and Austin was almost 4. ANd night time is a whole different story. I have one last hope...come on Coby! =) Cutie bribes....that princess cake would get me too...YUM!

Tim and Melissa said...

Yay! What a wonderful time when you can give up the diapers. Impressive that she is doing so well at night too. Good job!