Sunday, April 10, 2011

It's spring and we're loving it.

Here's a little of what's been happening this week.

*Ella loves flintstoning around on her little trike.  She won't have anything to do with pedals, but is a pretty quick little rider.  Every morning before we go outside to take Luke to school she yells that she wants to ride her pink and purple pwincess bike.  Every morning we leave the house with her crying because it's not time to ride bikes yet. 


*Our yard is covered with ladybugs at the moment.  They're the next best thing to having real pets.  I've seen yellow ones here too.  Weird! 


*There's a super old and overgrown graveyard around the corner from our house.  One day we were out walking and decided to go down and see it.  In the past I've always just walked by.  Something about old graveyards intrigues me.  Maybe I'm weird though.  haha.  There are lots of them around here.  Jake thought  it might be a good project for his scouts to clean up some of the cemetery, but after thinking about it we decided that this place is too big of a project for for 11 year old scouts to take on.  It doesn't look like it's been maintained at all for a long time. 








*Luke was excited to bring home the beans he's been growing at school.  In the few days that cup has been home, they've grown even more!  I'm afraid to plant them because most things I plant die, but I think we'll make an attempt this next week.  Here he is the day he brought his cup of bean plants home.  He says he planted a runner bean and a broad bean.  Guess I need to learn my beans, because I don't know what those are! 


And here is the bean cup today.  Just a couple of days later and it's grown so much bigger!


*Luke got out of school Friday for spring break.  He doesn't have to go back until April 27.  He's out of school Friday the 29th for the royal wedding and they get the following Monday off too to celebrate!  Not much school going on this month!  El and I are excited to have Mr. Luke home with us some more.  We got a trampoline to entertain the kids during spring break.  We haven't gotten around to putting up the safety net thing, so I'm glad noone has fallen off yet!  I had been thinking about taking a hop over to the states for a few weeks, but all the stuff going on in Libya is making it harder to hop from Mildenhall.  Maybe we'll try for summer.
 





*I've been loving all the blossoms out right now!  Spring is my favorite time of year.  Love these trees!




Other mentionable things this week:  *Got started on this season's Biggest Loser with Sheri.  I've been missing that show!  I'm excited to watch more episodes soon.  *Went for my Saturday long run yesterday morning.  I've decided that running is the best start to any day.  2 laps around the perimeter of RAF Mildenhall is 12.65 miles and it felt pretty good.  It's kind of a boring run around the flight line, but at least I know there aren't any Irish gypsies camping out in the trees on base!  (They do camp out around England.)  I'm getting excited to run in Edinburgh.  *Went to the Orchard Tea Gardens yesterday in Cambridge and walked around the Cambridge market afterward.  The Orchard is such a cute place!  Their scones are HUGE.  Smothered in clotted cream and jam, they're super tasty.  It's one of the oldest tea time places in England, and you get to sit out in the orchard while eating.  Another place to take visitors to!    *My phone stopped working.  Booo!!  It keeps spazzing out and won't even turn on.  The phone store is sending it to Samsung to see if they can fix it.  I'm really hoping they can.  Funny how dependent I've gotten on that silly thing.   
Ok, I think that's it for this week.  Ella is getting into my lotion, so I better be going! 

No comments: