Sunday, September 26, 2010

London Temple Trip

Last weekend we met our ward at the London temple for a picnic on the grounds.  It was an activity for the primary kids, and Luke had been excited to see the "England temple."  It's so pretty and green on the grounds!  The temple is closed right now for cleaning, but I'm anxious to see what it's like inside.  The ward had a little program at the the visitors center, and then the missionaries told us a little about the history of the temple, visitors center, and Christus.  I want to visit Copenhagen before leaving Europe to see the original Christus statue now.  


The temple!  They just recently put the Angel Moroni on the top of this one.


Primary kids had fun torturing the ducks. 

Grass and trees everywhere.  Oh, and our ward in the distance!

Ella had a great time finding different colored leaves.  They are just starting to change color around here.

We followed the Casallis family down, and then tried a pretty good restaurant with them on the way home.  Luke loves hanging out with AJ and Logan.

The primary kids sang I Love to See the Temple and did a good job :)  Also, some random trivia... the Christus statue in London is only 8 ft. tall.  Quite a bit shorter then the one in Salt Lake.  I think they said that one is 11 ft.
Oh, and I'm just realizing that there is a caption button when you click on pictures... and all this time I've been wondering if putting captions above or below pictures is the "right way." haha. 

4 comments:

Chris and Abby said...

The London temple is super unique. fun that the ducks are so close :) Cutie little primary kids!

Kristen said...

Luke's hair is long! When I was little I always said I wanted to get married in the London temple...random! Pretty to see what it's like.

Jenni said...

THat is gorgeous!! The grounds are really pretty too...love the changing leaves. THat's an awesome idea for a primary activity...so fun! ANd you look super cute in your dress too! =) You know me...always looking at clothes.

Krista said...

Your kiddos are getting so big!! wow...such a beautiful place! :)