Friday, September 17, 2010

Hanging out with Josh and Jenni!

We drove to California to hang out with Josh and Jenni and their cute boys before flying out of the country!  It was a great time letting the kids play together and relaxing in Fairfield.  We tried some good restaurants and made a trip over to Napa.  One night Jenni and I got out for a girls movie, The Switch.  Fun to get out for a bit!  We did a little outlet shopping in Napa and found some cute scarves (I'm already missing cheap cute clothes here.  I've heard there's lots of cute clothing but it's super spendy).  One night just the adults went on a date to Napa for dinner.  We tried a great Italian place called Uva.  Super good!  Luke, Caden, and Austin were glued to their DS's and mini clip games on the computer.  Coby really liked Jake and would go to him even when Jenni was around.  (People Coby likes are rare.  He reminds me a lot of Ella that way!  So funny how much his little personality reminded me of her.)  Cute little guy!  I just want to squeeze that kid.  He would only come to me though if his mom and dad were out of sight.  Maybe next time he'll like me better!  haha.  He's closest in age (about 10 mo. apart) to Ella on the Smith side of the fam.  I hope they're good friends as they grow older!         


We went to the Nut Tree play area one night.  They have super cool rocking horses and the kids had fun running around.


 
 




Beautiful vineyards everywhere in Napa!

Walked around downtown Napa for a while.  The boys were a little naughty running away from us some of the time but cute walking together and checking stuff out!

 
We had some delicious cupcakes at Sift bakery while downtown!

One night Caden showed me his mad climbing skillz!  That kid is a great sign climber!  haha. Luke wanted to copy him so Jake lifted him up to hang there too.

All the cuties!



We celebrated Ella and Jenni's birthday a couple days early. Two candles for Ella, three for Jenni who was turning 30.  Ella was terrified of the candles I put on the cake since she burned her hand grabbing Luke's candles a few months ago.  So, she bawled the whole time we sang happy birthday.  Poor girl!  Hopefully next year's bday singing will go more smoothly!

Fun trip! 
After leaving their house we headed down to LA to drop the car off at the port before heading to the airport.  Off to do more house hunting... More to come on our missed flight and arrival in England later!      

2 comments:

Jenni said...

It was so fun having you guys here!!! I promise one of these days I'll get those few pictures I actually took uploaded into Picasa to add to yours!!! How's the house hunting going?? Anything yet? How's Jake liking it? I need to catch you on Skype so we can chat!

Kristen said...

Those are some pretty dang cute boys. I love that birthday cake...happy birthday to the two ladies.