Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ella is 2!

The day after we arrived in London, Miss Ella turned 2!!  It was a pretty low key day... she and Luke slept until noon (just a little jet-lagged!) haha.  When I heard her waking up, I went in their room and told her happy birthday!  She responded, ya.. a happy birday a me, an a happy birday a Jenni!  I thought it was cutie that she remembered it was Jenni's day too.  :)  After lunch, we played at the park for a bit.  I was glad we did cake the Sunday before because we didn't quite make it to getting a cake on her real day.  Ahh... stinks to have a birthday between moves.  At least she isn't old enough to care yet! 

She was excited to wear her cupcake shirt.  :)
Some things I want to remember about this little cutie at 2:
*She loves to climb... ALWAYS climbing and moving.  During church, she gets quite the workout climbing up on my lap, getting down, climbing up on the chair, getting back down, standing up on the chair, etc. etc.  She loves climbing at the park.  Can't get this girl to sit still!
*She loves Luke.  Whatever he has is what she wants, and she copies pretty much everything he does.
*LOVES, loves, loves books.  It doesn't really matter what book you read to her.  She loves them all. 
*She always says "a hold you" when she wants me to hold her.  Kind of funny... I remember her cousin Gunnar saying the same thing when he wanted his mom to pick him up.
*She gives lots of kisses.
*Loves yogurt, fruit, and cheeze-its.  She's always asks for a bite of whatever I'm eating and will eat anything.  Thanks Elle for not being picky :)
*Loves her dammas and dampas (aka grandmas and grandpas).  My mom is pretty much the only person she'd rather be with.
*Wants to do everything herself.  When I try to dress her, she always says, "a no mom... a MY turn."  On the same note, she's very opinionated lately about what she wears.  She wants to pick out everything from her hair pretty to her shoes and everything in between.  I have to hide stuff if I really don't want her wearing.  She loves jewelry too... I had a regular old black covered elastic thing on my wrist yesterday and she said,  "oh, dat's cute mom."  I love it when she says stuff like that!  haha.
*She still likes babies, and points them out everywhere.  She still loves being the baby in our family.   
*She's my little shadow and still hates it when I leave.  She's been known to throw a tantrum outside the bathroom door until I come out.  *Likes the idea of going potty on the toilet and big girl underwear... hoping she decides to actually be potty trained sooner then later!
*She likes the "potorn song" aka... Popcorn Popping
*Loves Dora.  She'll shout stuff out when the show asks questions and dance and sing when the theme song comes on.  We just got her a Dora DVD since she's so into it and she's been requesting it every day.



5 comments:

Chris and Abby said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ELLA! :) I can't believe she's already two.

Kristen said...

Cutie, I was going to say that's what gunnar boy would always say...a hold you. But she's just like lily with the "hair pretty" and dressing herself and the climbing! It's a fun stage!

Jenni said...

I love sharing my birthday with you ELla!! Cutie that she remembered it was mine too!! Looks like it was a fun day...hopefully any moves in the future won't be in Sept! =)

Tim and Melissa said...

What a cutie! I can't believe she is 2 and that she is speaking so well. Happy Birthday!

melimba said...

I can't believe she is TWO!? What a cutie! And how sweet is she? remembering someone else's birthday too and TALKING about it?
too cute!
happy birthday to her!