Sunday, June 06, 2010

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

Jake and I had so much fun Friday night!  Mom and dad Smith gave Jake tickets to Phantom for his birthday, so we headed down to the Venetian to see it.  (Thanks Rick and Sherry!!)  I would go see it ten more times if I could!  I loved it.  The talent of the cast is really phenomenal.   It is so not fair that some people can sing like that!  Phantom Theater was built specifically for this and with all the special effects (even fireworks and other crazy stuff!) it's the best place to see Phantom.  We got there early so we could check out the theater and everything and while we were walking around, one of the ushers wanted to know where our seats were.  She asked us if we wanted to be closer and ended up upgrading our tickets TO THE BEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE for free!  (That's a $100 upgrade for each ticket!!)  Score.  We were in the dead center about 8 rows from the front, and the chandelier was directly above our heads.  Very cool when the phantom was dangling from up there, and it felt like it was going to crash on us when it came down!  And, we could see the costumes and everything so well.  I've heard the songs from the musical since I was a kid...  so fun seeing the story behind it all.  Anyhow, it was awesome and I just can't stop thinking about it!  
Go see it when you're in Vegas!  You'll be happy you did :)        




After the show, we ate dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe in the Venetian.  It's pretty much the Cheesecake Factory's twin.  They are owned by the same company and their food is just as good...  without a crazy long wait!    My kind of date night :)

1 comment:

Chris and Abby said...

So happy to hear that you guys had a great time and that's awesome you were spoiled with such great seats. I need to make it to Phantom one of these days!!