Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hakuna Matata

The hubby gave me tickets to The Lion King for my birthday, so this past Saturday night we got to go on another fun date.  We had dinner at Maggianos (yum!) and then headed down to Mandalay Bay to see the show.  I had been wanting to see The Lion King since we first moved here so I was pretty excited.  The costumes and cast are so great.  Zazu was especially entertaining.  I really liked it!  Thanks for a fun night Jake :)   There are so many fun thins to do here in Vegas.  I think next on our list is Mystere at Treasure Island.   

Also noteworthy ....

We went to see Toy Story 3 as a family.  It was Ella's first time sitting through a movie in a theater.  Woo hoo!  I'm excited that we can all do that together now.  Toy Story was a good one too.  Love it when we can all enjoy a kids movie!  I wish there were more of them like that out there.

Jake was finally able to go with us to get our passports!  Well, turn in the passport paperwork and stuff anyway.  Guess we get them in 3-6 weeks.  Ahhh... moving day is coming so soon.  I have been taking the kids and myself to Dr. appointments, getting papers signed at the school district office, and running around like crazy trying to finish all this paperwork stuff.  Yesterday Jake was able to drop it all off, so we'll be getting a moving date soon.

I mentioned that Luke got shots on his birthday.  Well, they made his leg swell up humongo.  His WHOLE thigh!  It's still swollen.  Now he is complaining that his foot hurts too.  Took him to the Dr. for that yesterday and the doc didn't seem very concerned... hoping it goes away soon!  I should take a picture.  It's crazy! 

Had the Zimmermans over for some dessert last night.  Jake and Joe can talk about dental stuff for forever if you let them.  Good friends.  They are moving to Washington to start working at a couple of dental practices there.  Good luck on the move Joe and Lyssa!  It was fun having people we knew from dental school here in Vegas with us! 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That's awesome you got to see that too. I can't believe Luke's leg is swollen. Weird.