Friday, May 21, 2010

Cali Trip Day 4: Jake's Table Clinic Presentation and Barfing

      Day 4 was the day Jake had to compete with his presentation.  His topic was "Surgical Isolation Techniques for Restoring Subgingival Lesions."  Yeah, I know... it sounds so very exciting.  Ha.  He did well, and so did the rest in his AEGD group.  Karen took first place and Kim went home with 2nd.  Jake said it was fun seeing some of his friends from dental school there, along with a few dental school instructors.  
          The plan was for Jake to be done around two or three, and then he would meet us at Disneyland to play for the rest of the day.  Ella had thrown up a little the day before and I had figured it was just from going on rides and no big deal.  I guess it was a nasty bug though because she passed it onto me, and eventually Luke got it too.  So, early Saturday morning I was a puking sick-0.  Ended up being really sick all Saturday.  So, the kids ran wild in the hotel room eating rice krispey treats and random snacks in our room that day while I tried to sleep it off.  Oh, I must mention the rice krispey treats.  I don't know if all Disney hotels give them to their guests or just Paradise Pier, but they were sOoooo good.  Huge mickey mouse shaped and gooey soft.  They dip the ears in chocolate.  They would also leave chocolate coins on our beds every night with different Disney characters on them.  Kind of fun!  Anyway, when Jake got back, he took Luke and Ella with him to get some dinner and ice cream.  I think they had a good time!  By the next morning I was feeling much better and was ready for some sightseeing and the beach. 
Here's Jake and the 5 other residents at the table clinic with Dr. Chartier, the visiting General, and some other guy I don't know.  :) 

No comments: