Jake's work took us to CA for the past week to play! He had to attend the California Dental Association convention in Anaheim and gave a presentation one day. Love it when work pays for travel! We left Tuesday night since Jake was off work for a "travel day" the next day. So, Wed. we hung out with the Jones fam in San Diego. All active duty military and their families get into Seaworld parks for free (for a day) this year, so we thought we'd snatch up the opportunity to go again. Jake and I were in San Diego last on our honeymoon. Good to revisit! We must have been in la la land when we were at Seaworld San Diego before, because I really don't remember much about the park from our first visit! Ella was so little when we would go to Seaworld in TX... it was fun watching her enjoy it more now that she's older. That little girl loves animals. Here's some of what we did.
This time we were more daring then we were at Seaworld in the past, and we all sat in the splash zone for the Shamu show. Luke and I were on the end and got pretty wet, but everyone else managed to stay dry!
The show was a lot different from the ones we've been to. The trainers were never in the water with the whales. I'm guessing it's because of that freak accident that happened in Florida recently? So, the whales just jumped around and did their thing.

They had a super cool starfish pool. The kids could take them out of the water and hold real ones. I thought the sea turtle area of the park was pretty neat too.

We hit up Fudruckers on the way back to Anaheim that night. Tasty!
That was pretty much day 1. Checking out San Diego and Seaworld with good friends. Fun day!
Up next: Day 1 at Disneyland.
This time we were more daring then we were at Seaworld in the past, and we all sat in the splash zone for the Shamu show. Luke and I were on the end and got pretty wet, but everyone else managed to stay dry!
The show was a lot different from the ones we've been to. The trainers were never in the water with the whales. I'm guessing it's because of that freak accident that happened in Florida recently? So, the whales just jumped around and did their thing.

They had a super cool starfish pool. The kids could take them out of the water and hold real ones. I thought the sea turtle area of the park was pretty neat too.

Ella was cracking me up laying there checking out the seals.
I think the kids found some nasty old fish someone else hadn't fed the seals yet.
(L to R from behind: Peyton, Samantha, Landon, Ella, and Luke.)
Jake and Tann using their awesome ring toss skillz...
Jake kept trying to lift the rays out of the water when they'd swim by. One of them slapped him pretty good on the arm! I think they got a little annoyed with him.
Peyton and Luke ran around trying to whip birds with long grass they picked. Ella got pooped on by a bird too. It was so gross- down her hair, onto her shoulder and down her shirt. Aaaa!!
Funky fun mirrors...
I went with the guys on a roller coaster and the kids had fun in Sesame Street area of the park.
We hit up Fudruckers on the way back to Anaheim that night. Tasty!
That was pretty much day 1. Checking out San Diego and Seaworld with good friends. Fun day!
Up next: Day 1 at Disneyland.










2 comments:
That sea world looks way cooler than SA. Neat turtles and star fish. I bet that Shamu attack is to blame for the different show. Too bad.
What a great family vacation to get to go on!
Aw.. that looks like so much fun!!! I'm sure the kids enjoyed sea world a ton :) I love the picture of Luke holding the starfish. Love you guys! Can't wait for Disney land pictures.
Post a Comment