I have too much to do today to blog, but here we go anyway! We have been busy around here, and Christmas is coming way too fast! So if I don't blog these pictures now I'm afraid they will never make it on. It's all for the sake of the blog book! haha. Anyhow, we set up the Christmas tree before Thanksgiving this year! Luke begged and begged Jake to "surprise mom" and set it up and eventually Jake obliged. It sat undecorated for about a week, and then we decided it needed decorations. The kids and I had fun making cinnamon ornaments, and they have made our house smell like Christmas. Well, I think they smell like Christmas. When we were hanging them on the tree Luke kept saying, "Eew mom, what is that smell!??" That smell is Christmas dude. And, it smells GOOD.

We made an "L" ornament for Mr. Luke and an "E" for Ella. The rest were snowflakes, snow men, and Christmas trees. Ella has been undecorating the tree since we decorated it, so more and more ornaments are making their way to the top so she can't reach them. That little girl is Queen Destructive. She's always into everything just for the fun of messing with things. We love her anyway :)A few pictures before church one morning. Nope, the whole box of crackers didn't make it to church. They wish.
Yay for hair that's long enough for piggies!!! (barely) Here's our first attempt.In the last post I mentioned Ella's love for her baby. This isn't the greatest picture, but I love her expression in it because it's such an Ella face when she's asking me something. And, she's got her baby under one arm like she usually does.
We've been invaded by crickets!! Aaaaa!! The little stinkers find their way into our house to get out of the cold. The kids like catching them and letting them go back "to live with their families." If I find them first, they get sucked into the vacuum.
Luke kept asking how much longer until Christmas, so we made a chain. We're all excited that it's getting shorter! He made a gingerbread house again this year too.
I'm off to do chores and play with kids!





7 comments:
Your tree is so pretty!!! And how cute is Ella with those pigtails?? Oh my gosh--adorable! Sounds like you guys are keeping busy!
I agree, too many chores. They suck. I barely even recognize Ella, she got so tall and is a big girl. Cute little girl.
I love all of your fun christmas in the making pictures!! The ordaments turned out super cute. LOVE ellas new little piggies :) Can't wait to see you guys this week.... yahoo!!
I love how pretty your tree is, especially with that awesome GREEN wall in the background! MAGICAL!
And, I love the little piggies! TOO cute. I can't believe how old your kids are getting!?! Little Ella is such a big girl! I LOVE IT!
Darling pictures!
Cute Christmas tree! Ella is getting so big- I love the mini piggies!
Your kids are just too adorable! I love the idea of your cinnamon ornaments too. Mmmm...maybe I'll have to copy that for next year!
Beautiful tree! Will you email your cinnamon ornament recipe to me? I wanted to make them this year but settled for gingerbread cookies cuz I didn't know how! And we have been invaded by crickets before, too. Brigham liked to chase them around and carry them in his mouth :)
Post a Comment