Monday, December 07, 2009

A little too much info on a shoe obsession. I Love Kid Stuff. And Being Santa.

If I have a few minutes to sit and relax, my favorite thing to do is browse kid stuff. Toys, clothes, and over the last few months, it has been SHOES. I mean come on, nothing is cuter then a fun pair of kids shoes right? I would rather shop for my kids shoes then my own shoes. And I love it when their feet grow bigger because, well, that would mean that they need new shoes. I think the only person that might be more obsessed with kids shoes is my mom. We sit and talk on the phone while we look at them online. Fun times! I manage to control my little shoe affair and my kids actually don't have that many pairs. Actually, I think Luke has a pair for church and a pair for play right now. It's just fun looking and planning which pair will be next. Here are some cutie shoes I have been eyeing for Ella lately!
(By the way mom, I forgot the name of that website/brand you were talking about so you will have to get it to me again)

Santa brought her the black and white ones as an early gift a few weeks ago since I couldn't squish her feet into her little silver ones anymore, and shhhh... don't tell Ella, but I've heard the pink and brown ones might be a Christmas surprise from grandma and grandpa.

When I got pregnant with Ella, everyone was telling me how much I'd love shopping for a baby girl. And yeah, it has been fun! But, I have always loved shopping for little boy things too! There are so many cute boy shoes and things out there! Luke's feet have been growing lots lately and he had worn his last pair to the max! Anyway, it had been a long time since I got to help him pick out a new pair, so the two of us had a date night a few weeks ago at the mall. He picked out these white and red Nikes and we ended up getting SIZE 10s. No wonder his little toes were getting sore. He totally skipped wearing 9s. Anyway, here are the ones he picked along with some other fun boy shoes to look at. Err... um... maybe they are just fun for me to look at, feel free to click out of my blog! :)



On to other things, I really love this whole Santa business. I've been trying to think of something Ella would really like, but have yet to figure it out. It would be much easier if she could carry on a conversation! Lately she has been loving her baby. She will carry this doll around with her (usually poor baby is upside down) and will love and kiss her. So funny! I love that little girls love babies.

Luke, on the other hand, has told me exactly what he wants from Santa. A red bike, a gun, and a marble toy. Checking out all the bikes out there for little guys has been almost as fun as shoe shopping! Almost.


And, one more fun kid thing!! Luke has been excited to go and visit Arizona because grandpa Paul built a club house. My dad is amazing because he can build or make anything. My parents love kid things too, so I come by it honestly. Anyway, he built the cutest club house I have ever seen and I haven't even seen it in person yet. Check out the club house! Luke whines that he wants to play in it every time he sees this picture.

Luke requested an orange club house with lots of buttons inside. Still obsessed with buttons. So, dad put a panel of buttons and switches in there along with other fun things to do! I'm wanting to play with the switches and buttons myself.


So, it's out there. I'm obsessed with kid things! What are you obsessed with?

7 comments:

Tim and Melissa said...

Darling shoes! and I LOVE the clubhouse. What a fun grandpa!

KaraLee Anderson said...

Oh man, now I want a clubhouse- that is super cute! It kind of looks Dr Seuss-ish. It is nice that Luke told you what he wants, I am still trying to figure out what the best toys would be for Grant.

Kristen said...

That club house is so cute. He'll love it. And we had that marble thing growing up. Two thumbs up. You are so good to only have 2 pairs of shoes. I wish I could control myself like that. I think Gunnar has 3 pairs of church shoes alone. They are so fun to shop for!

erin said...

I forgot to mention also that my dad is making some of these to sell. And, you get to pick the color! Or paint it yourself :)

Lara said...

I LOVE kid things! I love the shoes you picked out too!

Hailey said...

Cutest.Playhouse.Ever.

Jessica said...

Cute clubhouse! What a talented guy!!! I would have to say I'm obsessed with... at the moment, sleeping! And layering mine and Taggert's shirts :)