Sunday, October 04, 2009

ThE GOod, ThE BaD, and ThE UgLY....

Good stuff from this past week...

It's October! Yay, I love October. The weather has been great. FINALLY not unbearably hot around here. We've been able to go to the park during the day which really beats waiting until the sun is going down to go outside! And, this was conference weekend. All the talks were especially good this time around.

Ella is almost an official walker! She's been taking quite a few steps since Sept 25, and is just about there. I think she'll really take off any time.

Made quite a bit of progress on my health and aging class!

Luke is loving swimming lessons now. Phew! Here he is with his teacher this past week...


Also, I put him in a class at a gymnastics gym a month or so ago. The class is just for three-year-olds and they do a lot of obstacle course type things, climb ropes and ladders, and jump on trampolines. Jake got off early enough to come watch this past week so Luke was excited to show him his "tricks."

We found a good Mexican restaurant here! Seems like everywhere around Vegas is a pizza joint, so this is good news :)

Went to enrichment and learned how to make lots of new yummy things. Can't wait to try making them at home!

The bad...
I was really hoping that when we moved away from TX, Luke's asthma problems wouldn't follow us. I had heard that a lot of people have breathing issues there, and then they go away after leaving (something about the weather patterns or air in S.A... I don't exactly remember what the doc said). Well, Luke hadn't had any problems here until this past week. We've been up in the middle of the nights again for breathing treatments. He's been kind of sick with a cold, so I think that's what brought it on. Poor kid.

Somebody at our house got a speeding ticket. (wasn't me)

This same somebody came soooo close to running over a pedestrian. Really, it's a miracle he didn't hit the guy. People, if you have black skin and it's dark outside, DONT WEAR ALL BLACK CLOTHES. Thanks.

My leg still isn't up to running and it's been a month since I hurt it. SO annoying. At least it lets me do most other things at the gym without hurting now.
Ella added "Poo Poo" and "POOP" to her vocabulary. MY ONE YEAR OLD IS SAYING POOP. What a nice brother to teach her these types of things...

The Ugly...
Not my husband (I happen to think he's a hottie). And not his friends. It's the mustaches that I think are gross. Jake and the other guys in his AEGD program decided it would be fun to grow out staches for the week. Eew.
Luckily they shaved them off on Friday.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yeah, i'm not quite sure why guys think having mustaches are ugly, especially when I have yet to meet a girl who actually likes them. It drives me crazy! Levi always wants to grow a mustache, and when he does, he thinks he's awesome!

Kristen said...

I guess Jake needs to get tips from Aaron on getting out of tickets. I blame the Mississippi "at home drivers ed" class they took to get their license for their bad driving. At least Aaron.

No way is Ella saying poop. That's hilarious. Those staches are disgusting. Sorry...I hate to say it. I hope a miracle happens and your leg feels better. Such a bummer.

melimba said...

good word to the wise: if you are black and have all black clothing at night= not a good plan. I'll let everyone know! :)

I hope your leg feels better soon!

that was a funny post! mustaches? sick. :)

Jenni said...

You've been busy! First off, sick stache--creepy, really. Second, your kids are so cute--swimming and saying poop and all---haha. Third--I'm so sorry about your leg. Injuries are no fun!! Hang in there!!

Chris and Abby said...

Erin! You are so creative with your posts.:) I'm glad luke is enjoying swimming and Ella has the vocabulary of Poop! That's so funny. I think mustaches are always nasty...glad it's shaved off! Looks like you've had an exciting last week!

Heather said...

Holy cow, when I first glimpsed at the picture, I swear the guy in the middle is HOUSE from TV! He looks just like him!

Ha !