Monday, October 26, 2009

Bring on Halloween!

We are excited about Halloween around here! Took the little cuties to the park and let them play around in their costumes this weekend. Got to enjoy the costumes while they can! :) Check out the cutest bugs ever!


I told the kids (well, Luke mainly) that if they would sit still for some pictures, they could have a lollipop. Ella rather enjoyed hers. Luke thought it was pretty cool for a bit, but was soon DONE with photos and peaced out to play frisbee with dad.



And, I wanted to blog about last week. It was kind of rough!
Jake was at work from six in the morning until midnight or later a few days. (Jenni, you are so awesome to do that all the time!)
I had a tire blow out on 1-15 (Where it's really scary and under construction and there is not a shoulder and the lanes are super narrow and Jake was at work and couldn't help)
We missed swimming on the tire issue day.
Someone stole our cute fall wreath that was on the front door.
Ella has been teething and grumpy (went from having 4 top teeth and two on the bottom to five (almost six) on top and four on the bottom!)
This same cute little grumpy pooped in the tub a couple of nights ago. Now that is fun to fish out of the tub after a long day (in sick green water her brother has splashed all over the bathroom). Disinfecting all the bath toys was even more of a party.
Another day she escaped from me during a diaper change and peed on the floor.
Luke freaked out at play group at the park Friday because it was "hot" (it wasn't) and we left early.
I made poppy seed muffins and was excited to eat them. Turns out the seeds I used were super old, expired, and nasty.
Just one of those weeks. I hope this next one is better! With a cute spider and butterfly around though, how could it not be?

6 comments:

melimba said...

hA! oh my, i don't mean to laugh, but that sounds like a super CRUMMY time! especially the whole bath tub incident! GAGGG!

WOW! you deserve some sort of award for making it through last week!!

Here's to your DARLING bugs! They look TOTALLY cute! Hope this next week is 100% better! :)

Jenni said...

Oh girl, you know I feel your pain! Hang in there...I had car troubles last week too and of course it was a day when Josh was in-house call till the next day. Such is life. What doesn't break us makes us stronger--right? =) Hope this week is MUCH better for ya!! HUGS!

Lyssa Beth said...

Oh man! I hate weeks like that...bad things always clump together and I don't know why!
How did you manage getting your car fixed?! I would have started crying for sure!
I hope you have a better week too. You deserve it!
And i'll email you back about dinner because, yes I will take advantage of a free dinner offer!! Thank you!
And I love the costumes!! How cute to let them run around at the park. I bet they loved that!

Kristen said...

First off, Ella looks just like Seth and/or Logan with that costume covering her hair. Definitely related! And your week did sound pretty crappy. Sorry you had to go through that, but I must admit it's nice to hear that even you have bad days--it never seems like you do. Not that I want you to have bad days, but you know what I mean. You make the rest of us look bad b/c you never complain. Hope this week goes better! :)

Chris and Abby said...

Sorry you had a rough week!! Cute costumes. :) They are pretty much the cutest little bugs I've seen! It's so fun you are letting them play early!!

Lara said...

Erin, your kids are adorable! I am glad you checked out our blog! Yours is so cute too!