Sunday, September 28, 2008

So, we've survived

a full week without extra help. I was scared last week for my mom to leave since she did so much while she was here, but so far we've made it. :)

My babies...

Everyone seems to be asking how Luke is doing with Ella around. I think this video clip shows his attitude toward the whole thing pretty well. Haha. He loves her... wants to kiss, touch, tickle, and hold her, and tries to help me do everything. BUT, he gets this crazy look in his eye sometimes and he'll hold his fist in her face like he wants to hit her (thank heaven he restrains himself) and is always in her space... wanting to touch her and rest his head on her... stuff like that. Pretty typical of a toddler I guess. I don't leave them unsupervised in the same room yet. Hopefully one day... :). I thought he would be a lot worse when we brought her home from the hospital... scream his jealous scream like he would in nursery when I would hold other kids. At least he doesn't do that when I hold her!



Like how Luke calls her Halle Ella Callie? At least he doesn't ask after he says all three names "what one?" anymore. He overheard a few too many baby name discussions before she was born, and has been calling her all three of those names since she came home from the hospital. Lately he says just Ella about half of the time though, so there is some improvement! Seems like Luke is in at least a small part of most pictures of Ella so far. If we're paying any attention to her, he wants to be there too!

Wide awake! (her brother probably took the bow out of her hair)
What a helper
We try on dresses and ridiculous hair accessories when Luke is taking his nap. Shh... don't tell him he's missing out on anything ;)

11 comments:

Easton said...

How cute!!! I love the video clip. Luke is so funny. Ella is adorable. Congrats! I need to come get Luke for a couple hours to play with Wyatt while Colton's at preschool, and maybe you could take a little nap. I'll call ya!

Jenni said...

Ella is seriously the most beautiful baby girl!!! She's precious..and I about died laughing during that video of Luke...so funny! They are so fun together!

KaraLee Anderson said...

Absolutely adorable! I love the video with Luke and Baby Ella. I don't think I have heard Luke talk before- super cute! Erin, I am glad that you survived- you're awesome!

Lyssa Beth said...

That is too cute. She's so adorable and tan!
Luke is such a cute big brother. You know hes going to be the protective type just by looking at those pictures. Too too cute. I did the same thing with both girls, dressing them up just because...that's the fun of girls!!

Kristen said...

Ella is soo cute. I love Luke, he is hilarious. "Hey bud" too cute.

Hailey said...

Does she look more like Jake, maybe? She's pretty dang cute.

Taylor said...

So fun and so cute! Was Luke that dark when he was little - he is such a blondie now. Glad you are doing good!

Hillery said...

Awwww...such a great video! Glad to see you've survived. The day my mom left after Sadie was born was the worst day of my life! Ella is beautiful! We have those same PJs. I love Target sleepers.

Mandee said...

What a sweetie! I love it!

Kajsa said...

she is sooo cute! and im glad you are surviving, it gives me hope! she is a doll and so is luke!

Tim and Melissa said...

How darling! We need to come visit you guys. I'm glad to hear that Luke is doing well with her. Dylan does the same thing with invading Easton's space!