Sunday, August 17, 2008

Visit from an Apostle...

Elder Russell M. Nelson has been in town this week for our stake conference meetings. Kevin W. Pearson of the first quorum of the 70 came along with him to reorganize our stake leadership. It's so nice to be reminded of where our priorities in life should be! It's been awesome having Elder Nelson speak to us. He is such an amazing man. After today's meeting we went up to shake Elder Nelson's hand. Luke had been pretty good during the talks, but by this time he was ready to be done with church for the day. Jake and I talked a little with Elder Nelson and then he shook Luke's hand. Luke just looked up at him and said in a whiny voice, "I want to go home..." Nice. Haha. At least he's just two and not twelve or something, right? Anyway it was an inspiring weekend, and I'm glad we were able to hear from an Apostle. Doesn't happen often in Texas!

No comments: