Monday, August 29, 2011

Legoland Windsor

Luke, Ella, and I went with some friends to Windsor for a couple of days last week for a Legoland trip!  Linda talked me into going, and I'm glad she did.  It was a fun summer hoorah for the kidos before school starts next week.  Jake and Michael couldn't miss work and could care less about Legoland really, so we did it sans husbands.  Legoland has a pretty good deal going now where you buy a day and get a day free. You get a killer deal on a hotel room close by too.  Pretty nice.  It's only a two hour drive to Windsor, but it's nice not to have to drive all the way back home after a long park day.  The first day there it rained.  Awesome because there were pretty much no lines.  The second day was nice and sunny, and the park was a zoo.  I'm only going again if it's a rainy day or if British school is in session!  
  
So we don't forget our fun little trip, here are some pictures...
Here's Maryn, Hayden, Dallen, Bennet, Luke, and Ella posing with the Lego family.  So cool that you can make practically anything with Legos.      


On the little bumper cars they ask the kids how old they are before they can go and claim a car.  Ella told the guy she was 2, only to be told she was too little to ride.  Have to be 3-5 yrs for this one.  She was sooo sad.  Poor kid had to watch Luke and Hayden ride and sobbed the whole time.  So, since she's just a week and a half shy of being 3, the next day we fibbed and said she was 3.  She was so proud of her 'drivers license' they gave her at the end.  Well worth our little white lie.  Ha.  


And here she was in action.   :)

Luke says his favorite ride was the big boat.  These things give me crazy stomach tickles!  I love them.  Glad he likes them as much as I do!  He has become a lot more adventurous in the last year as far as doing stuff like this goes!  The fun thing about Legoland is that if you're 5, you're tall enough to go on everything.  Here he was in the back row with Linda and Ben.  


These little containers were everywhere around the park.  I didn't know that people recycle gum. That is beyond gross.  I feel for whoever has to clean out the gum recycling balls.  


So, they have this building there that has a wall of Lego portraits of famous people.  I think the one of David Beckham looks exactly like Jake.  Weird since they don't look alike in person.  Check it out.  #10 Lego man looks like Jake, huh?  


Small land was my favorite.  They have Lego cities highlighting a lot of countries.  

Cutie Lego Queen...


Luke and Hayden are best buds.  Here they are on the Laser Raider ride.


And on the swings.  Ella was terrified of these.  


Glad I got to spend a few fun days with my munchkins and our friends before school starts.  Good times!

3 comments:

melimba said...

So fun you got to go to Legoland! I love all those cute pics! But, honestly, a GUM disposal place? SICK! what are they going to do with it?!

And, I love Ella's little license. SO funny. I totally would have done the same thing!

Kristen said...

THAT is crazy cool! Gunnar would be so jealous. Amazing how they built all those. The queen is pretty plain. And funny, it does look just like Jake!

Jenni said...

How fun!! My boys really liked Legoland here in the San Diego...they have the coolest things made out of legos! ANd wow, that picture totally looks like Jake! Crazy! Glad you could take a little trip before school starts!