Friday, July 08, 2011

A few more things from June

There are lots of wildflowers around!  I love it.  They're everywhere.  El likes them too.  Here she was one day at the park melling them.  I wish they actually smelled good! She always wants  me to mell them too. 


This was the first day of the year that it actually felt kind of hot outside and we felt like wearing shorts.  Almost July.  It was pretty much just this day and then it cooled down again.  The weather likes to hang out in the 70s most days.  After living in Vegas and Texas for so long, it's a welcome change from the heat! 
Ella's hair had been in her face and covering her eyes, so June was a month I did something I thought I'd never do to her.  Cut some bangs!  Or "Fringe" as the English call them.  Just another random June tidbit to throw out there.  I think she looks pretty cute with them.  Her hair actually looks like it's 'done' when we don't pull it all up!
This next pic was a week or so before the bangs came.  She is very into pwincesses, and loves it when her little friends bring their pwincess dwesses over.


I turned 27!  It was a great low key day.  After Jake was finished with work, we picked up some calzones at 'The Best Little Pizza Place' and ate at the park.  Then I picked out like 4 flavors of ice cream and we went home to have some dessert!  26 treated me well!  It's been a crazy, busy, and fun year.  I'm excited to see what 27 brings.  These next pictures were taken with my phone on my bday.  The colors and lighting are kind of funky. 
    
Jake took these next pictures with his phone when we went out to eat one night.  Cuties.

I think that's all of the pictures I wanted on here.  June also surprised us with a call from base housing.  We put our names on the housing list last year when we moved in just to have the option later on if we wanted to take it.   And so, we're moving on base.  Next week.  More on that later :)

5 comments:

melimba said...

Cool that you are moving to the base!? Wow! That seems like it will be a big change! I'm excited for you guys.
Good luck packing everything up! Can't wait to see pictures of your new pad!

melimba said...

oh, and hello, forgot to tell you that I love Ella's new "fringe"! Too cute! If you plan on keeping them short and want to trim them up yourself, I totally would recommend "blender" scissors. They make it SO much easier to trim Til's bangs. ---I got some like this: http://www.sallybeauty.com/Eclipse-Bronze-Blender-Shears/SBS-520010,default,pd.html

And, Happy Belated Birthday!!! It's amazing how low key things get when you get older, right? :) Too funny. Hope you enjoyed your pizza and ice cream!

And, hope you had a great birthday!!

Chris and Abby said...

Ella's new hair cut is adorable and The flowers are so pretty, I love this time of year :) good luck packing up and moving. Can't wait to see pictures of your new house.

Chris and Abby said...

Ps.. We have the same yellow flower pillow :) it's my favorite!

Hailey said...

Cute cute kids. On a day like today, when it is 95 degrees but feels like 107, I envy you SO much!