Sunday, December 12, 2010

Girls Day in London!

Train ride from Ely to King's Cross and back: £16
All day tube use: £7
Best crepes on Earth: £10
More food and shopping:  Probably too many pounds.
Time with fun friends in fun places: Priceless.

Went to London with two of my favorite people in England last week!  Linda and Stacy.  My camera battery was flashing and low when I left the house, so I didn't get many pictures, but we got in a full day of eating, shopping, and chatting.  I forget how fun shopping is without kids! 


Stacy and Linda :)

Some of the girls in the ward rave about Cafe Crêperie.  Now I know why.  It's so good!  Good thing I live far enough away that I can't go all the time.  I'd be a blimp.  I'll take you if you come visit Ü  The consensus around here is that the Tartiflette Galette Crêpe is the best, so we shared two of those along with a Stawberry Cream one.  Hoping I can take Jake soon to try them!

We got a kick out of this guy's Euro-Mullet.  Awesome.  Stacy caught that gem on camera. 


Got to browse at Harrods and tried some more treats there.  They have the coolest selection of candy and pastry.   My favorite were the chocolate high heels.  So cute!  Pretty awesome metallic looking candy too. 


Some cool treats at Harrods...  They have so many!  Here are just a few.  










Check out the price of water.  29 pounds!  That's roughly $47.  No thanks!  Must say the bottle is pretty cool to look at though!



The last thing on our 'to do' list for the day was the German Christmas market at Hyde Park.  It was crazy busy with people... like rubbing shoulders the whole time... but it was fun looking at all the stuff.  We got home around 11 that night and I was pooped.  Fun day.

No comments: