There are footpaths everywhere around here and they go through some fun places! We have had fun exploring our new spot. Yesterday morning it was raining, so when it cleared up we thought we should get out for a bit! I brought the camera along since I wanted more pics of the area... and of the kids too! Over the last few weeks, Luke and Ella have been little leaf collectors. They don't get tired of finding more.
 |
| Luke never tires of sticks either. |
 |
| After walking for a few minutes, you get to this big park area along the river. I love that everything stays so green here. The leaves are falling off the trees, and the grass still looks like it's spring time. |
 |
| We usually bring bread along for the ducks. There are some really greedy and mean swans though! Luke likes to run up to them so they'll hiss at him. |
 |
| Found a fuzzy caterpillar. |
 |
| We pass lots of cows and horses here in the countryside! |
 |
| Luke wears his wellies on walks to jump in the puddles! Ella didn't want to wear hers and ended up with soaked feet. This part of the path was quite soggy yesterday. |
 |
| I push the stroller behind them for a lot of the time. |
 |
| Once you walk through that footpath, you end up here. A neighboring village called Barton Mills. It's super cute. |
 |
| There's some crazy park equipment here! |
|
| On the giant swing together! Yeah, I'm not so good at self portraits. |
 |
| It's kind of cutie... a lot of the animals wear these things since it gets pretty cold this time of year! |
 |
| This little girl usually falls asleep in the stroller on the way back home. Makes pushing an empty stroller the first half of our walk worth it! |
 |
| Luke decided to take advantage of a napping sister to do some tree climbing. I chilled with Ella for a good thirty minutes while he sat in the "best place ever." |
 |
Love this kid.
|
 |
| Couldn't pass up the photo op with the cute tree monkey! I did leave him alone after a minute so he could play up there though. :) |
 |
| When you get off the footpath back to Mildenhall, you can either turn right to our house or go straight to the shopping area of the village. |
 |
| Sainsbury is the supermarket here. Nice that it's a close walk from home, but quite a bit more money then shopping at the commissary! It's really small compared to American grocery stores... maybe a little bigger then a Fresh & Easy. It's fun trying different European brands. They are building a super Sainsburry next door to this building. Those are like mini Super Target stores with home decor, clothes and food. |
Well, I feel a little like Dora the Explorer now. Thanks for coming on a walk with us on this beautiful day! Gracias! J/k. We watch a little too much Dora I guess. Oh, and this post has taken forever to post because I ran out of storage for pictures in my google whatever picture/blog account? huh?! More storage is pretty cheap (like $5 per year) but I didn't know you could run out of picture space on here!
7 comments:
That's weird, I've never heard of storage space before. I love Ella's piggies, she looks so cute, and luke with his "best place ever"-too funny. Your town looks very homey and picturesque.
yeah! you did update! nice.
okay, you are sounding british already----footpath, wellies, quite soggy... I love it!
And your pictures are BEAUTIFUL! you've got quite the eye, girl.
good work. love this post. and love that Dora is helping you remember San Antonio. :)
Erin... all I have to say is you have the cutest freakin kids... love all the tree pictures of Luke and his stylish rain boots. I love Ella and the leaf picture. Adorable! It's so pretty and looks like you guys have so many fun places so close to your house. can't wait to come visit one day. Call me this weekend :)
I love the pictures! It looks so beautiful there! I hope you are loving it. And your kiddo's are adorable!
I love this post! It's so fun to see where you live...gives me a better idea now. IT is really pretty over there...and I love how green it is! The kids are SOOO cute! I love Luke and his little thoughts...my boys would have loved to be up in that tree with him I'm sure. Miss you guys!
Erin--WONDERFUL POST! Oh, the pictures of the landscapes and the atmosphere there are so romantic and GORGEOUS! I'm eating it all up! I'm so happy you get to have that experience! Once in a lifetime, for sure! Keep on being a great mommy! It's so obvious that your two angels adore you and that you have great times together. Thanks for being a good example! Give them a pinch from me! :)
What and adventure! Great photos and journaling! I hope you are enjoying everything about the experience!
Post a Comment