Tuesday, July 27, 2010

HaStA La VIsTA VEgAs

Last time blogging from Vegas. 
Movers are coming Thursday to box up everything, and then we're pretty much nomads for a month until we fly to London.  It's been a good year!  A super busy year for all of us.  I didn't realize before Jake started his AEGD that it would be more time consuming then dental school ever was.  For that reason I'm glad this year is over.  I'm ready to have him home more!  His graduation is on the 6th of Aug.  Almost done!!  The best part about Vegas living has been being close to family.   Well, closer then we've been in a while anyway!  I don't think we've gone a month without seeing them since we moved here last June!  We'll miss those easy drives to see them once we're in England.   



      I was looking back at some older blog posts from when we first moved here.  The kids have grown up so much in just a year.  It's crazy!!  Ella went from being a baby to a full on toddler.  We've made some great Vegas memories along the way!  I know Ella probably won't remember much if anything about living here, but I think Luke will take a little Vegas with him to England!  I know I'll remember countless fun times in the car on the way to swimming lessons while we jammed to Black Eyed Peas (in crazy I-15 traffic), all the times we watched the planes at McCarren airport, fun walks and bike rides through the neighborhood, and good times with friends.  And, the mountains!  Vegas is surrounded by some great mountains.  Hopefully Luke will remember some of that too.  There's a lot to see and do in Vegas, and I think we did most of what we wanted to.  We still have a few things on our list we didn't get to... reasons to come back and visit later i guess!     
signing off from sin city...
me :)  

9 comments:

KaraLee Anderson said...

Wow! I can't believe your family is leaving so soon! Has it already been a year? I hope you have a wonderful time in London! What a wonderful cultural experience for your family!!!! Good Luck with everything!

The Girl said...

Good luck!!!

Kristen said...

Yikes, the AEGD was harder than dental school? Poor Jake! Aaron was home around 5 almost every day. But I sure am glad its over. A lot less stressful for they guys, that's for sure.

Jenni said...

You made it! You're officially done with training..onto the easier part of life...LUCKY! =) SO excited for you guys!! Wow, a year flies by when you think back...seems like you guys just got to Vegas. Have fun living out of a suitcase for a month...we hope we get to see you up here before you take off!

Kristen said...

I noticed too, in true sin city form, the billboard in the background of your picture. Yep, your in Vegas!

Kristen said...

*you're

melimba said...

crazy crazy crazy, girl!

can't wait to hear how it all goes!! Man, you are going to have some AWESOME pictures! I mean, who gets to really LIVE in England? Oh my. I can't wait for you!!!

Good luck with all the transitioning! You MUST keep us all posted when you get internet!
lots of love, cute girl!
xoxo
melis

Leah said...

Yep, your kids grew fast. Good luck with the move to London! How fun!

Lyssa Beth said...

I know what you mean by catching up! When blogs go private, I am no where to be found!
But seriously you guys have been busy this past summer and I don't blame you! I would be tyring to get everything taken care of before leaving the country! I hope you guys are doing well over in England! Kind of jealous! I know what you mean by 1 year makes a difference. All my kids grew so much in Vegas. It was a fun year for sure. I am glad we got to hang out as often as we did! The kids loved it every time and I am glad I got to know you better too! I can't wait to see everything how your life is like now! Keep us posted!
PS YES Jake and Joe are forever talkers!