Sunday, June 21, 2009

Disneyland!

After leaving Josh and Jenni's house, we drove down to Anaheim to spend a couple of days at Disneyland! Our little guy turned 3 while we were there, and got to party hard! (And we didn't have to pay for admission for him since it was his birthday! Woo hoo!) Jenni told us about the free passes for military, so we wanted to take advantage of Jake getting in for free too. Can't beat free admission tickets! Here's Mr. Luke the morning of his birthday... so excited to go to Disneyland AND officially 3 years old.
The whole fam!


I was surprised how many rides Luke was old enough to ride! And, how many things I could take Ella on too. The Matterhorn and a couple of the 3D movies spooked Luke, but he really liked the rest.

We liked the bugs life section of California Adventure (Except for the creepy It's Tough To Be a Bug 4D show! Really- way to scary for little kids.)

The Nemo Submarine Voyage was a big hit ...

Pluto snuck up on Luke while we were waiting in line for Playhouse Disney Live, and Luke was NOT a fan of him. I asked him later why he didn't like Pluto and he said "I didn't want him to lick me." I guess some dogs do lick. I don't like that either.


Luke wanted to show Buzz his Mickey ears...
The Pixar Parade!

Ella!
Luke kept getting in trouble for running away from us and messing around in lines. The kid couldn't keep still! Here he is running through the park with Jake.

The Electrical Parade!
Fun trip! We crammed a lot into our two days at Disney, and had a fun time. I want to go back already!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

YAY for Disney! It kills me we couldn't hop in the car and head down there with you guys!! Maybe next time??! Looks like you had a blast--from the pics it didn't look too crowded--maybe that's deceiving? Looks like the kids had a blast!!

Kristen said...

Don't worry. Gunnar was naughty the whole time at Disney. He kept wanting to push the stroller instead of being in it and forget about lines. glad you had fun.

KaraLee Anderson said...

Wahoo! Looks like you guys had a really fun time! Happy Birthday Luke!

Leah said...

Oh, I love Disneyland... it's such a happy place. Ella is looking so much older now! And Luke is 3?? Happy birthday, little man!