Sunday, June 21, 2009

Visiting Family and California!

Since Jake has been out of school and hasn't started work yet, we have been able to play this month! Last week we drove up to Fairfield, CA to visit Josh and Jenni! They are such great hosts. We had a blast hanging out with them! While we were there, the kids played nonstop and we visited some fun places. We went to the park one day, to San Francisco one day, celebrated the boy's birthdays and went to church another day, Jenni and I went to a girls night dinner for baby on the way, and we got away without kids one night to shop at the outlet mall and watch a movie. So fun! Oh!... and we went on a tour of the Jelly Belly factory while there. I had no idea Jelly Bellys were made in Fairfield. Needless to say, I ate WAY too many of them. They are so good! It was interesting to see where and how they are made!
San Francisco is such a fun city. Here we all are!
(Ella is sleeping on my shoulder, and you can't see Austin's cute face, but we're all here! )

Pier 39! Checking out the Sea Lions...


Jake, Ella, and I went on an Alcatraz tour while Luke hung out with Caden and Austin. Here's The Rock...
Pics from the boat...


At Alcatraz!
Cool wildlife and flowers on the island... I thought it would be all ugly and prison-ish...

We had to make a stop at Ghirardelli for ice cream and chocolate! We also ate at Boudin's Bistro. Yum!!

Jelly Belly Factory!
We were there for Austin's birthday! Jenni got he and Luke a cute Cars cake and they both blew out candles since they are just 2 days apart in age.

All the kids before we left.
Thanks guys for a great time!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

It was SO FUN to have you guys here! Caden is sitting here looking at your pictures with me and asked me if Luke can come back! =) Thanks for making the trip out...hope we see you again soon!!

Hillery said...

Such good times! We LOVE San Francisco. Can you believe that you actually have to wear a coat this time of year? And I am SO jealous of Disneyland...forget about Sadie - I want to go for myself!