Tuesday, March 24, 2009

An Attempt at Bluebonnet Pictures...

When Luke was a baby, we sat him in a bunch of bluebonnets and took pictures. (Ya, he's a boy, and it's not the most boyish thing to do but it was fun and he was cute and it's a Texas thing to do...)

Anyway, I was driving yesterday and noticed that there were bluebonnets on the sides of the roads again and I wanted to get Ella's pics in them. So, I changed the kiddos clothes and took them to the same place we took Luke's pics a couple years ago. Let's just say that the flowers are not nearly as plentiful this year! Haha.

I got out of the car quick... took them down to a good spot and snapped a couple pictures. Two cars stopped thinking I was having car trouble and another dude yelled out his car window "You're going to get fined!!" Huh? I thought you only get fined if you pick the dang things.... Anyway, our little picture session lasted a grand thirty seconds and I thought I better leave. Maybe we'll go back another time with Jake to get better ones... and hopefully more flowers will come out!!

Since the kids were looking picture ready though, I took more pics when we came home just because.





He wanted me to take one of him "being fast!!"

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Ella is so pretty. She is going to have gorgeous hazel eyes. Love "being fast". Such a character. I still need to do the bluebonnet thing. I didn't know you could be fined. I saw someone doing it yesterday by the car wash and gas station.

Jenni said...

Never knew about the fining thing...weird! Cute kidos...you know, in the 4 years we lived there we never once took pictures by the bluebonnets! Maybe cause I only had boys...I'm sure if I had a girl I would ahve been all over it!

melimba said...

hA!
I love that the guy yelled out to you. you are such a criminal, duh! :)

I'm going to do it too. We'll all be locked away together. At least the company will be good.

Golly, those kiddos sure are cute!

Beeswax said...

Wow. you have some really cute kids. Did you know that already?

Jessica said...

This is random, but I typed in the wrong address for KaraLee's blog and came up with THIS! http://andersonsinaction.blogspot.com/2009/03/texas-children.html
Of course, it reminded me of you! :)