Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thoughts From The Tube...

* Our country would be a much safer place if there was a real Jack Bauer watching out for it. The man is awesome. He has like 20 lives, can always predict what the enemy is going to do, and has some pretty great kung fu skills.... just to name a few entertaining qualities. I'm slowly getting sucked in to this season's 24.

* Visualizing Bob yelling at me like this every time I worked out this past week made me push myself 10 times harder. Haha. However, I'm proud to say that I lost more weight friday night/saturday then a few of the contestants did in one week. I either caught a nasty bug somewhere or ate something bad because 6 lbs of water weight is gone now. Yuck. Glad that is over. Luckily Jake was home to help out, and I was the only one that was sick around here!

* Even though it's cheesy and unrealistic, The Bachelor is pretty entertaining. It's one of those things like the Twilight series... something about it just keeps you coming back, even though it seems kinda dumb. :) Anyway, I like trying to decide who will get booted off. I'm thinking Naomi is going to go next. Since we don't have tivo, I have to choose between this and 24 now on Monday nights. I think I'm going to have to just start watching Bachelor recaps online...

* Also, go Cardinals! They went from from stinking it up just a few years ago to being in the Superbowl in 2 weeks! I went back and forth between watching the game and reading a not so exciting textbook today. Love it when underdogs win. :)

* Oh, and Lie to Me starts this week. Wednesday I think. I'm going to check it out!

5 comments:

The Girl said...

I hope you are feeling better. I LOVE the Bachelor. I know its a silly show. And every time I honestly think that they are going to stay together forever...and I am shocked when they break up! I record them so you are seriously welcome to come watch them sometime. Honestly. I think the stalker dental hygienist should go next...but I don't think he thinks she is as weird as I think she is. BUT...on the first episode they showed him proposing and now I know what color dress she is wearing and what color hair she has. I feel cheated! j/k. Well...now that I sound like I have no life...24 is really good too!

Kristen said...

Love Biggest Loser. Hope you feel better! Did you get sick on Fri? You looked good on Thurs. Just think of this weekend when you are pregnant next time and not sick--you won't wish you were sick so it would feel more real. It's not pretty.

Krista said...

i know what you mean about the bachelor!...it really is so silly...but i HAVE to watch it!...i think its these little guilty pleasures that help me through being so sick these days with baby 3! Ü

KaraLee Anderson said...

I think Jack Bauer is part Feline or part Energizer bunny because he really does keep going. Glad you lost more than some of the contestants, sorry it may be from a bug:) Hope you feel better!

Jenni said...

Ok, you know I am obsessed with The Bachelor! LOVE IT! It's such a funny show. Also LOVE the Biggest Loser...I would love a trainer like Bob...after the baby comes of course! And as you're losing it I'm gaining it...and I swear I gained 6 lbs out of no where in the past week! Hmmm..guess it was time to start gaining sometime! Hope you're feeling better...being sick is the worst!!!