Saturday, January 31, 2009

Catching Up

I think I've had blogger burnout the past couple of weeks. Just not in the mood for some reason or another, but there have been some great things happening around here! Here's a little catch up!

Luke is a pro now when it comes to going potty in the toilet! Well, technically not the toilet-he still uses his little kid one (I'm hoping to change that soon... SO gross emptying that thing!) He has kept his unders dry all week... and we have even made trips to the gym, stores, and the park... all accident free! Woo hoo! We are officially done buying diapers now for this kid. Finally. No going back this time. Here he is... too cool and grown up to even smile for the camera. boo."Pwincess Ella Bella" as Luke calls her, tried baby food for the first time this week. Her Dr. suggested we try veggies and rice cereal at the end of this month, so I started her on green beans. She's not a fan... at least not yet (maybe she will be like me and never like them though. hehe.) However, she loves the high chair. She will sit in here for a good half an hour and just watch me clean the kitchen. It really beats holding her and cleaning with one free hand!

We had some great weather, so Luke has been riding his bike just about every day. I follow him up and down the street for what seems like forever. He loves it. He rode it so much the past week that he has a bruise on his back where I guess the seat of his bike has been pushing up against it. Weird. Here he is riding at the park.
Jake has been doing a little yard work. We're trying to revive the grass. It's in that gross winter dormant state. Not a nice look. Luke likes helping out his dad, and Ella chills with me on the porch while the boys are at work.
Ella keeping me company on the porch...
Another fun thing about this past week... our 1st shopping trip at the commisary! We finally got our military IDs, so we are now official. I guess we could have done that like 4 years ago, but hey... we finally got around to doing it. The commisary has some pretty good deals on things, so I'll be going more often now. Luke loved playing at one of the parks on base... I kinda wish we would have discovered it sooner! As for this weekend... we've got school work to do, a park trip, and a superbowl party planned. Should be fun :)
Oh, and I almost forgot. One of the best things happening lately is that Luke and Ella are starting to entertain each other. Yeah! She loves sitting and watching him build towers with blocks, he loves to do things like "read" to her and get her toys. It's fun to see them interact more. He was building a tower here... but when he saw me with the camera he decided to put a block on her head.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

The boys want your kids to come over and play!!! Austin has that same tricycle and LOVES it!!! They are just getting so big and too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

We are in St. George... we were just in Vegas last night for dinner and a show! My email is pnutbtr1417@gmail.com or my number is 435-313-7555. It will be fun to catch up!

Kristen said...

That is so awesome Luke is potty trained. Makes it a lot easier. He did well too. He is such an active kid, I don't know how you have the energy for that guy. Did you guys go to the lion park? Aaron took the kids to play there while I did some shopping. They loved it. I love the commissary.

Taylor said...

Potty trained! Good work Luke!!! Your kiddos are so cute - Hope you are doing good!

Hailey said...

Cutie Ella on Jake's lap! And Luke is too cool for school.

Ryan and Nicole said...

Your little ones are so cute! I can't believe how big they are both getting, I remember when Luke was born! Holy Moly that seems like yesterday. I can't believe I missed girls night, but it was nice to go the temple-at least I will see everyone on Saturday :)