Never thought I'd say that I missed this place.
Other parts of BYU campus and student life? Ya, of course. But this place?? Never. The BYU testing center. Site of so much anxiety, anticipation, and as they say, the most prayers on campus. But, today I realized I DO miss this place. No matter how daunting the test I was taking there was, it was ALWAYS there for me to take. I'll explain. I spent pretty much all of yesterday... and my Friday night... ALL NIGHT and into the wee hours of this morning studying for a midterm. I stuck Luke in front of his Little Einsteins and Blues Clues shows over and over again to get ready for this test, and pretty much ignored Ella as she chilled in my lap for hours at a time. See, all this studying was supposed to be for the test I was going to take this morning, right? Anyway, I got to the testing center at the local community college a few hours ago... expecting my test from BYU to be waiting for me. Apparently, they lost my test. It was there a few days ago, but has since disappeared. Maybe they accidentally sent it back to BYU with another independent study person's test... maybe it's lost among the piles of unorganized clutter in their office... the test administrator wasn't quite sure why it wasn't there anymore. Few things really bug me, but this did. Now, I get to request the test to be sent out here again... wait for it to crawl through the mail....and review all the stuff I already went over AGAIN. The joys of Independent Study. Aaaa! BYU testing center, I miss you. Haha. Just when I was starting to think school couldn't be going any slower right now. Maybe someone is trying to teach my a lesson in patience...
3 comments:
I can say that I truly feel your pain! Something similiar happened to me :( And I really like how you found a pic of the BYU testing center LOL! Plus the fact we pay to take the tests...I like independent study so we can finish our degrees once we move away-but seriously, does it have to be so expensive? But in the end it is worth it (at leat that is what I tell myself!)
That would royally piss me off. Sorry to hear that, that sucks so bad.
Bummer, Erin, that really stinks! Have you looked into taking your independent study test through the institute?? That's how I took my tests 4 years ago. Seriously, talk to the instute director- or whatever it's called. You don't have to pay and it's just at the UTSA building! I hope they still do it.
It was nice to see you at the park today- you should come again!
~Nancy
Post a Comment