
Last night was spent at the E.R. so Luke's forehead could be stitched up. Sad! He was playing on the porch with his walker and forgot there was a step down to the sidewalk. Anyway, he fell and hit his head on a rock. Head wounds are so disturbing!! They bleed way too much! He was freaking out, I was trying not to freak out... pretty traumatic. Anyhow, once at the hospital we were pretty much the only ones in Methodist Childrens ER... score! In and out in an hour. They wrapped him up in a sheet so he couldn't move and the nurse held his head while the doc stitched him up. Jake was trying to calm him down while he was going through all this by asking if he wanted ice cream afterward; Inbetween all the screaming and crying he would shout, "I do!! I do!!" haha. Cutie. I have always liked watching stuff like this and blood usually never bothers me, but last night it did. The doctor hit a little vessel in Luke's head and anytime Luke would scream blood would squirt out. Sick!! I started getting dizzy and really hot... ugh. The nurse knew I was going to pass out so they made me drink a bunch of juice and lay down on a stretcher until my color came back. After Luke was finished, he and Jake had to wait for me to return to normal. The nurse even made me go by wheelchair to the car. Nice. I guess going to the ER on occasion is part of having a little boy though. Check out his sutures...
8 comments:
Sad!! When I heard about his fall it reminded me of North Odgen when Todd tripped me and I had a goose egg on my head.. crazy little kid stages! I showed mom, dad, dak, and todd... We loved to "Ice Cream" part. Sorry to hear you were sick too!
oh how scary! We have been to the ER once, just a few days after Kate was born, to fix my spinal headaches and that was NOT fun. I'm glad everything went well and he seems fine now. Now it's just making sure he doesn't touch it!
Can't wait for all the boy adventures to the ER. That is so hilarious!! I love it. "I do!" Too cute.
Welcome to the club!!! =) Glad he's ok now--and you too!!! Hope you can avoid the ER for a while!!
Poor little guy. It's no fun when that stuff happens. At least he looks happy in the bathtub. And I'm glad you're ok too:) I wonder how I will react when/if Grant will need Stitches. I get grossed out by the CSI type shows on TV. uh oh.
poor luke! that is sooo cute about the ice cream, he is such a doll. and so sad for you, i always get like that, not fun!
Yikes! That's a bummer for Luke and you. I would totally be passing out if I had to watch someone get stiches, especially my own kid. Way to hang in there!
wait a minute...i thought you were in the nursing program? wouldn't wooziness at the sight of blood be a problem? :) that's why i never got into the medical field! i totally fainted when somebody was just TALKING about a medical situation! Ha!
Post a Comment