What's his name? Jake... Jacob ThomasHow long did you date? One year. Well, kind of. We met at Christmas time of 2003... first date was in January 2004... and we were married Dec. 18, 2004.

How old is he? 27... 4 years older then me.
Who eats more? He does - for sure. HUGE portion sizes. Really, you should see them ;) He actually eats less now then he used to. I eat more junk food though.
Who said "I love you" first? He did. I was kind of a brat... didn't say it back till like a week later (even though I loved him). Guess I was playing hard to get ;)
Who is taller? Jake. He's 6'1 and I'm 5'7.
Who sings better? Jake has a pretty great country voice! I'm not a singer :)
Who is smarter? I consider us both smart in totally different ways. I'm keeping this answer Jenni! Jake is very book smart... great with trivia... and remembers everything (dates, names, places, etc.). He's good at everything school-wise, really. Great writer, historian, math guy, scientist. He's the better student, and he'll be a great dentist. I think I've got more common sense smarts. Put us both on Survivor, and I think I'd win :) I can keep up with him in english and some science though. He will definitely be the one our kids go to for help with math and history.

Who does the laundry? Me. Every once in a while he will help me put things away though.
Who does the dishes? Me. I don't think he's touched dishes since Luke and I were out of town last summer :)

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? We switch it up all the time, but lately it's been Jake.
Who pays the bills? Me. I send in the bills. We both watch what is happening in bank accouts though.
Who mows the lawn? Jake does. Lucky for him he hasn't had to do it in a long time! I can't wait until spring comes and our yard gets back to normal!
Who fixes broken things? I guess it depends on what it is. Luke jammed a couple of DVDS into the DVD player the other night... Jake fixed that. When Jake is at school I usually fix stuff though. Luckily we havent had to fix much yet!
Who cooks dinner? Usually I do. Jake is a great chef when he wants to cook though! He's starting to be quite the pro at the grill, too. This pic is from a couple years ago... he not only made us a crawfish dinner... he caught the whole bucket of them that he cooked!

Who drives when you are together? Jake. On long trips we both take turns, but around town, he does. He's still a gentleman too... still opens my door when I'm not putting Luke in his carseat! :)
Who is more stubborn? I guess I'd say me. I'm sure we both have our moments, but I'm probably more stubborn.
Who kissed who first? Jake kissed me - after our third date. He says he thought I was surprised by it, and he wondered if he had made the move too soon. haha. I don't think I was surprised...
Who asked who out first? Jake asked me out first over the phone. I wasn't sure which Smith brother he was at the time though! Didn't even know how he got my number since I never gave it to him. I guess I figured he had gotten it from his sister (who had been my Young Womens leader at church through high school)... Mel claims she never played match maker though. :) Jake looked me up on BYU stalker directory. ha. I met Jake and his two younger brothers a couple weeks earlier and didn't remember which one was Jake. I was happy it was him. Anyway, it was a fun first date. We went to Comedy Sports where I watched my future uber talented sis-in-law perform, and then to the Pizza Factory for dinner. Mmmm. I miss that place!
Who proposed? I'm 100% sure I would NEVER propose! haha. Of course Jake did. He sent me roses in the morning and then took me to Lagoon for the day (I loved Lagoon as a kid and always wanted to go with Jake... he thought it was a lame place so he never wanted to... I thought it was cute that he finally took me!) after Lagoon we ate at the Pizza Factory and then went up to the Y. We had hiked up to the Y a few times before and had lots of fun, so it was a great spot. We talked for a while and then he got down on his knee and proposed there. Cute guy!Here's a pic we took on one of our "Y" hikes...

Who is more sensitive? Definitely me. He loves to joke around. Sometimes I take it seriously and get all huffy. haha. "Give me a break-I'm a girl! This question isn't fair". Well said, Jenni.
Who has more friends? Well, I probably have more close friends, but maybe Jake knows more people. I'm definitely better at keeping in touch with my friends, but I think most girls are!
Who has more friends? Well, I probably have more close friends, but maybe Jake knows more people. I'm definitely better at keeping in touch with my friends, but I think most girls are!
Who has more siblings? Jake. He has 5 brothers and 1 sister. Ya, wow. He is the 4th oldest... just barely older then this twin, #5. I'm the oldest in my fam and have 2 brothers and 1 sister. Here's Jake with his twin brother Aaron... Jake is in the blue...

Who wears the pants in the family? I think we try to share the pants. haha.
Glad you did this Jenni... All of you who haven't done this yet... you should! I want to read them! :)
7 comments:
Ya I love learning about this stuff! A friend of mine did this post too and i've been meaning too do it but I want the right pictures on there. I have no wedding pictures on our computer so I have to scan one. But so fun on how you guys met!
so cute. I remember Jake when he was a baby. One time when the Smiths were getting ready to leave after visiting us in LA, I took baby Jake and hid in my closet and cried. I figured they couldn't leave without him.
ahhh--so cute! That picture of you and jake on Y mountain is the first Josh and I ever saw of you---gorgeous girl!!!
I remember those pictures. And I remember on the way up to Park City one time you and Jake were in the backseat taking pics. I was almost afraid to turn around. ;)
That's such a cute idea! I always love hearing people's "story" on how they hooked up. You guys are such a cute couple.
you guys are too cute! i'm glad i got to read the behind the story part i never heard before!
and by the way, how do you make your blog so cute?
cute! that was fun learning about you two!
Post a Comment