Sunday, November 11, 2007
Downtown Running :)
This morning I ran my first official half marathon. Woo hoo! Ya, maybe that's bad to do on Sunday but that's the only time marathons are held outside of Utah.... or at least I haven't found another state other then Utah that holds them on Saturday. Ha. I love running with lots of people. The energy is so awesome, and there are so many great runners. It's inspiring, really. There were over 3000 other people running. The majority of them were running the half marathon and others continued on for the full marathon. We started at the Alamo and ended at the Alamodome. The course took us through different missions and historical sites. I was planning on running it in under two hours and everything was going perfect until the end of mile 6. My back started hurting, and looking back I probably should have stopped. Hopefully it's not messed up for a long time now! I've NEVER had a problem with my back. Ever. Even on the long runs I've been doing over the last few months. So, this was weird and new to me! Well, to make a long story short my back spasms continued getting worse through the end of the race and I had to slow down a lot. I finished in around two hours and twenty minutes. Ugh... so frustrating to feel great and have annoying pains slow ya down! Oh well.. I'm glad I know now what these events are like. Next time will be better! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
2 hours, 20 mins! Awesome! You really shouldn't be so hard on yourself... ;)
Erin--that's awesome! You didn't tell me you were training for that! We'll have to go out running at Christmas...it's the perfect time of year for outdoor running right now--love it! SOrry about the back thing---totally agree with ya on being annoyed with darn aches and pains! Hope you're feeling ok in the morning!
I'm so sorry to hear that your back slowed you down. I hope everything is ok.
Good job on the run!!
Way good job! I remembered I have some pain pills leftover from when Gunnar was born if you need them ;)
congrats! hopefully your back will be alright. thats awesome that you did that!
Congrats! That's so awesome you did that! That's kind of scary about your back! Good thing you slowed down! Back injuries can take forever to heal. But at least you were able to finish the race
ahhh! I just saw your comment on my blog...sorry I never gave you some pointers...though I'm not sure if I have too many! Doesn't it feel good to say you've done a half marathon?
P.S. I love your blog! You are so creative, with everything!
Congrats Erin!!!! You're a "Superstar"!!!! hopefully your back will feel better. Have you thought about seeing a chiropractor for your back?
Way to go...you are so inspiring! I'm terrified of marathons! Hope your back feels better soon! Hey, by the way, I really loved your talk in church last week...very inspiring as well!
Post a Comment