Innsbruck was small and charming. I liked the colorful buildings. We walked around downtown and enjoyed some gelato even though it was cold outside. Gelato always tastes good. Driving into the town...
Having fun exploring on foot.
Gelato!
Camera battery died in Innsbruck, so I took these next couple of pictures with my phone.
I could totally live in one of these apartments on the river.
We ate at a Chinese noodle parlor late in the afternoon and then said goodbye to Innsbruck and headed to Jeremy and Rochelle's house. We didn't arrive until it was pretty late, so our Swiss adventures started the next day. Rochelle showed us some of her favorite places, and we loved all of them! First up was Lauterbrunnen. I wanted to take pictures of everything as we were driving. Switzerland is so beautiful. I love the mountains!
It was so picturesque with the warm spring weather and snow still around. We started the morning with coats and by noon ended up in t-shirts. It was supposed to rain most of the time we were there (acc to weatherman predictions) but ended up being really nice. I think there was just one day that it sprinkled for a little bit.
These pictures don't really do the place justice. They never do. I don't remember why, but Ella didn't want to walk with us this day. She was ahead or behind most of the time. Funny girl. She looks like Waldo with her white and red sweatshirt in some of the pictures.
I wanted a family picture here since I loved the town, but Ella didn't want to be in it. So, the fam minus Ella..
More cable car rides! We rode up to the cute little town of Mürren.
It was a great view.
Riding the train!
Ella, Rochelle, and Liza ...
More of the purdy mountain view...
Family pic in Mürren :)
There was still so much snow up there! We worked up a sweat walking around in our jackets.
This girl is always "too hot."
Most of the stores are closed during lunch hour. It was like that all over Switzerland. Everyone just closes shop and goes home to eat lunch from around 12:00-2:00. Anyway, after looking around for a bit, we ended up finding a little grocery store that was open. We bought some rolls, meat, and cheese and had a little picnic. Looks cold outside, but it was actually really nice! Also, random trivia from some travel brochure I read while there... Switzerland has one of only two national flags that are square. The other one is Vatican City.
Fellow picnickers..
Baby Liza is such a cutie. She and Callie can run around together at future Smith reunions :)
Riding the cable car back down the mountain...
Beautiful afternoon. After exploring Lauterbrunnen, we headed to Bern. Guess that will be the next post.



No comments:
Post a Comment