Thursday, June 06, 2013

Spring Break Part 3: A Little Bit of Munich

We visited Dachau and Munich on the same day.  The train from Dachau station gets you to Munich pretty quickly.  My favorite part of the city was the market.  They had such a fun selection of flowers, and it really felt German with brat stands, gurkens, and cheese all over the place.  Some highlights of Munich!...

The Marienplatz...

 
Town Hall...
 
 
Cool-looking statue guy ...

 

I wish I could remember what Ella was making this face about when she and Luke were resting on the fountain!


Midget clown that stands still until you walk by= creepy.
 

 
Happy girl!  Love that baby.
 
 
 Theatiner Church....
 
 
Statue in front of the Residenz Munchen
 
 
 Market!
 




Luke and Ella were chasing a bird that flew into this stinky cheese tent. 
 
It is always fun to smell the flowers.
 
 
So nasty.  Who would buy this freaky looking fish!?  Check out those teeth. 
 


Jake couldn't pass up another hot dog stand.  I took a bite, and must admit it was pretty tasty.


Not sure why, but these statues were getting a lot of attention.  Maybe I should look them up.


Checking out the city made a fun afternoon!  I'm glad we made the stop.    

2 comments:

abby said...

So fun to catch up on all your blogging!!! Its been forever since i've checked it out. Loved all the pictures from Sherry's visit to your recent trip! I need to catch uo on blogging :/ im so behind!!

Kristen said...

My mouth is watering from all those brats. They look good! Cute German town!