We finished up our trip with some time on the French Riviera. We drove down through Cannes to Antibes and browsed their market hall, saw the Picasso Museum, and walked along the "quia des Milliadaires," ate a tasty lunch, and then drove some more down the coast along the beaches of Nice to Villefranche-Sur-Mer.
Not a bad view out the car window!
We had a good time walking around Antibes.
Picasso Museum. I think that once a person is famous, they can scribble on a paper and it will be framed and worth millions. Seriously, some of his stuff is pretty awesome, and then other pieces look like he made them in his sleep. People say those are awesome too. Whatev. Fun to see anyway I guess. Picasso lived in this castle (now the museum) while he did a lot of his work.
There are sculptures and items from other artists there as well. I thought this area outside was kind of interesting.
We walked by a gelato shop and I couldn't pass it without getting some. So tasty. I got a scoop of Nutella and a scoop of chocolate chip. So good! This was gelato stop #2 on the trip. I could eat it every day.
Strolling along Billionaire's Dock...
Yacht envy. Well, car envy too. haha
There are hundreds of these lined up down there. Made for a fun walk!
Back in the car and headed to VilleFranche-Sur-Mer... here's another picture from the car :)
Guess it's a popular place for cruise ships to hang out for the day.
We parked the car and walked around the town for a while once in Villefranche and then planted our bums on the beach for the rest of the day. So nice! The weather was perfect. Not hot enough to want to go swimming but just right for hanging out in clothes! Saw a few nudies chilling on the beach... one of them being a super leathery and flabby old guy doing some sort of yoga. Gross. haha
Here's an out of focus pic of the two of us in Villefranche. This day was warm! And I'm thinking I should have worn a different shirt. Not so flattering on the pregnant lady! Ha.
Where we parked our rears for a few hours.
One more walking around the town. Cutie how everyone dries their laundry outside the windows.
Our flight back home took off after 10 that night from Marseille, so when our beach adventures were done we just headed back to the airport. Such a fun trip! I love the South of France. Glad I got to do it with my favorite person.


















2 comments:
ErinI I'm totally loving all of your fun pictures. What a fun trip from the scenery to the fun towns and cool foods to try. :) The ocean pictures are amazing too. So fun!!! and... I want a bite of that gelato. Looked tasty
AHHH! I'm so sorry I didn't know you were pregnant until now! Congratulations! I am so excited for you and hope that you can have a comfortable pregnancy! Love the pictures of France- a little biased :)
Post a Comment