Monday, November 28, 2011

November!

 This month has flown by and I haven't done a single post.  Ahh!  So in no particular order, here's a little of what we've been up to.

*I went to Stoke on Trent one weekend with a bunch of girls for the pottery sales!  Stoke on Trent is famous for English pottery, and we all scored some fun things.  We stood in line from 8:45 in the morning until 12:30 in the afternoon (it was freezing cold) to check out Portmerion's sale.  We got things like cute Spode baking pans for just £5.  We made other fun stops after that at Burleigh and Royal Doulton/Wedgewood.   I wasn't so sure I'd be into pottery, but it really is fun.  Good thing I don't really have a place to put it or I'd be tempted to buy more!

*The kids have been busy with swimming, and Ella is having fun with gymnastics.  I've taken some fun videos of them at their lessons.. maybe one day I'll get around to posting them.

*We've been looking forward to going to Arizona in a couple of weeks!  Can't wait to see everyone.  A year and a half is a long time to be away!

* Spent Thanksgiving with the Smiths again.  Logan and Stacy are fun to have around.  Angela and her cute kiddos came over this year, too.  Oh, and Ben came over for a little while.  Jake made a turkey and I did rolls and mashed potatoes.  Stacy and Angela made some awesome desserts and some other sides.  I always forget how much work Thanksgiving is.  It was fun though!   Here's the crew.


*Went one weekend to Elveden to see Santa and browse the estate shops.  Cute place!  We always pass it on the way to church but had never gone in the shops.  Luke is requesting a bow and arrow from Santa, and Ella says she wants a "DS".  I'm thinking a DS is a little advanced for a 3 year old, so we'll see what Santa brings.  After sitting on Santa's lap, he gave them each a present and a baby Christmas tree to plant.  Ella was super disappointed when she opened her gift and found a game.  She thought Santa was going to give her what she asked for right then and there!  haha.  I was surprised this year.  Ella talked more to Santa than Luke did.   


Here they are with their little saplings and presents.  Luke was trying not to smile.  Stinker.


 Ella rode the 'gallopers.'  The merry-go-round used on Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and a few other classic movies is here.  She was terrified of the thing.


*Jake spent one weekend helping Luke put his Hero Factory guys back together.  Luke and his buddies had taken them all apart and the pieces were all mixed up in a big bucket.  They were pretty excited to have the Heros back.  Can you tell Jake likes them, too?


*It's winter again in England which means the sun starts setting at like 3, and by 4 it is dark.  Blah!  Can't wait to get to AZ to see the sun.

*Jake has been working hard and got a 99 on his PT test.  Pretty awesome.  He missed 100 by just one push up!  I saw his name up on the board at the gym so took a pic with my phone :)  Only 6 people on base got a 100.  I bet next time he will get 100 too!  He did the run in like 9:12 or something like that.  Speedy boy.


*Found a really fun indoor play spot about 1/2 an hour away.  I think we'll be visiting Curve Motion a lot more in the future!  The slides are big enough for adults to have fun on.

I know there are probably some November things I am forgetting that I wanted to include, but I'll just have to add them later.  Good enough for now.  I'm going to bed!

2 comments:

abby said...

Nice work jake! Thats pretty impressive. Looks like you had a fun November. :) i can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks. Crazy how much luke and ella are changing,

Kristen said...

So I'm lame. I've never even heard of Hero Factory. I miss the things the other side of the hemisphere does like pumpkin patches and Santa Claus.

I dig the pottery! I want to see it. I got a few things in Tokyo and love it. I had to stop myself too because there is no way I need 8 settings of sushi plates with soy sauce bowls. ahh, too fun!