Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another Year ♥ Another Valentines Post

                                                       2010 Valentines Day/Week highlights...

I wasn't sure if kids passed around valentines at the British schools or not, but Luke took packages of Bubblicious bubble gum to his classmates with a Happy Valentines Day note on them.  Only Luke and one other American kid in his class passed out valentines.  It's just not a big thing here.  Trading valentines that is.  His school had a Valentines disco later that night but we didn't go.  A dance for 4-10 year olds? 
Christmas is the big card exchange here.  Anyway, it was kind of humorous hearing the British moms talking about the gum today when I went to pick Luke up from school.  Their kids had never had bubble gum.   I'm learning that even though England has an edge on the chocolate sphere of the candy universe, America is much better when it comes to other types of candy (gummies, sour things, licorice, gum, etc.).  You can't find anything like a sour patch kid here.  Sure, the candy might look like it may taste like a sour patch kid, but you soon find out it's nasty.  Actually, I don't think they have anything that's sour here.  It's more like sugar sprinkled on gummies.   I just remembered though, their Skittles are better then the ones in the states.  The colors aren't as bright in their Skittles, but the flavors are different and better.  Anyway, back to valentines stuff... Here's Ella after being caught with 3/4 of a new package of bubble gum gone.  I asked her where it went and she told me she ate it.  Nice.  I guess we have proof that it's ok if you eat your gum.   This was last week and she's swallowed much, much more since.  Crazy girl. 


We had a park play date with Linda, Stacy, and kiddos.

My mom sent a Valentines package the week before with some pink and red clothes for the kids to wear.  They looked pretty cute!  Here' s Ella, Luke, and their buddy Liberty.



Had friends over for a lasagna dinner!

The Friday before we made and decorated some Valentines sugar cookies with one of Ella's little friends.  Most of the cookies ended up with more sprinkles then cookie.  I wish I would have taken some pictures! 

I'm glad Jake is my Valentine.  Love him.  He always does a good job at remembering Valentines Day.  This year he brought flowers and treats home from work for me and planned a London getaway for us this weekend.  We're going to see Wicked.  I'm excited! 


I got Jake a GPS.  We've been relying on our phone GPSs and they aren't doing their job lately.  Can't wait to actually know where we're driving on our next trip!  This place isn't the easiest to navigate.  I forgot to get a picture of us... he gets home and I forget to get the camera out, but here's one of my flowers I took today instead! 



Happy Valentines Week!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Stop talking! Jealous of your London getaway. Enjoy Wicked. :) Happy V-day!

Greenville Home Staging said...

Loved reading thiis thanks