* School! Luke went back to school last week. Now, he's in reception (British kindergarten). Until now he had been going to the nursery school which is like preschool at the primary school. All the kids that turn 5 in the next six and a half months start reception now. He's got a new teacher (Mrs. Chilestone) and a new class, has to wear the school uniform, and stays longer during the day. I like that they let the kids adjust gradually to staying at school all day. For now he eats lunch at school and then I pick him up at 1:00. After Easter holiday he will stay until 3:15. He really enjoys school. Some mornings he doesn't want to physically GO, but once he's there he has a great time. Here he is modeling his awesome uniform on his first day. At Great Heath Primary school, they have to wear navy polo shirts with the school emblem on them and then grey or black trousers. I think it's funny people call pants trousers in England. And I thought wearing a navy shirt with black pants was a no-no?! Guess it isn't here. If it's chilly they wear these tealish green sweatshirts with the school name on them.
This next picture was taken the last day of school in his 'apple' class before the Christmas holiday. Luke with Mrs. Dootson and Mrs. Ashworth. They were really great wtih him.
*StarWars! When he's home, Luke has been going crazy lately with his legos and other StarWars Christmas toys. They have taken over the dining room table. Trying to figure out where to store and play with these things! He doesn't like taking them apart once they are put together.
*Luke gave his first talk in primary today. He did awesome.
*Jake has been busy working. Top producer at the dental clinic lately (I don't brag about him enough so I'm going to do it now), so he's working hard!
*Ella is loving dressing herself. She entertains me during the day with the crazy things she wants to put on. If she isn't putting something on, she's taking off something that I had put on her. Her clothes, her hair accessories, shoes, etc. Not only does she want to pick it out, but she insists that she dress herself a lot of the time. Took some pictures of her the other morning in one of her fabulous outfits. She wanted all of those flowers on her headband. So stylish :)
*I've been trying to get our family on a better schedule. With sleeping, how Ella and I spend time during the day, etc. Still trying to nail down what exactly my new years resolutions are going to be. It's looking like 2011 will be a busy but fun year!
*Kristen and Aaron had their baby girl this past week. She's adorable! Another fun thing about Jan. so far! Hope we get to meet baby Emmy before she's too big!









4 comments:
cute pictures of the kids on Christmas.. I love their monkey PJ's.. so dang cute! Wish I could have listened to Lukes first primary talk.. I'm sure he did great! Ella is so girly.. I love it! All of her pretty's in her hair are just adorable. Love the updates and cute pictures. Miss u guys.
Ahh, thanks for the shout out. I'm sure Emmy will love her aunt Erin, like all my kids do.
Gunnar has given the prayer like a billion times since every Sunday he always shouts out he wanted to say the prayer in primary...but a talk. That's big time! Looking smart in your new suit Luke!
Your kids are so cute - Luke looks so grown-up! Love all the photos (I think your photo-taking skills are really developing). Your life looks like such an adventure right now - I hope you are enjoying it!!!
Do you have any Fancy Nancy books? The twins just discovered them and now Lucy dresses "fancy," just like Ella!
Post a Comment